Why is my logo too large for upload on Shopify?

AbigailA
5 0 0

Hello, I want to upload my logo on my website as an icon but it keeps saying that it's too big or the file exceeds 20 mega pixels, how would I go about fixing this problem?

Replies 4 (4)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @AbigailA.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to help you out with this. It's tough to tell what could be happening here without taking a closer look at the file. Are you able to upload it here in a response with a direct link to Dropbox or Google Drive so I can take a closer look? 

Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AbigailA
5 0 0

Watermark.png

Thank you! Here is the logo 

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @AbigailA.

Thank you for sharing your Logo-file with me, this looks great! That said, the file is too large and that is why you are getting this error. If you reference our helpful Uploading Images guide it notes that Images uploaded to Shopify can't exceed either of the following limits:

• 20 megapixels
  • 20 megabytes

When I looked at your logo's dimensions it was 5000 pixels by 5000 pixels, if you run that into a free pixel-to-megapixel tool. You can see that your logo is currently 25 megapixels:

So you will simply need to export a smaller Logo size to be below those 20 megapixel/megabyte requirements and you should have no issues moving forward!

Feel free to reach back out here if you run into any issues or questions, we are always happy to chat! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AbigailA
5 0 0

Hello, thank you! Is there a website for me to be able to export it to a smaller size?