Why did my Shopify site menu disappear on mobile and desktop?

Plainjane
Visitor
3 0 0

Help! I have been doing some changes to my site today and now the menu has disappeared on both mobile and desk top. Everything looks normal from the back end and I can see the sidebar menu so can’t work out what the problem is. 

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Plainjane,

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. What changes were you making to your site before you noticed the menu was missing? Did you change your theme?

If you're still seeing the menu when you head to Online Store > Navigation in the Shopify admin, it's possible that while the menu exists it is not chosen as your header menu in your theme settings. I would recommend checking this by heading into your theme editor for your published theme, and checking the "Header" section to see if the menu is selected:

22-33-19653-95809

If you notice that your menu is not selected when you check this, please select the correct menu to appear here. The menu will then reappear on the storefront once you save your changes.

Please let me know how you get on, and feel free to share your store's URL with me here if you're still requiring further assistance.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog