Can you optimize drop-down menus for both desktop and mobile on Shopify?

Emily85
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

hope everyone is well. 
im looking for somebody to help if possible. 

Menus- can I have my drop down menu on both mobile and desktop.

my mobile version works as I want but the desktop version runs horizontally and looks rubbish :(( 

I can send screen shots if required. Really struggling with this at the moment. My website is www.splitsdrinks.co.uk

Replies 4 (4)

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

Hi! You can change the design and behavior of your navigation just as you like. 

If you want you can set your mobile navigation bar as a default for desktop views aswell. The configuration of your nav bar is in your header.liquid

Software Engineer and Frontend Developer
Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
Please click on like and "accepted solution" if my answer helped you.
Emily85
Visitor
2 0 0

thank you for your quick reply. I will have a look, will I have to add code to change? 

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

No, you wont have to add additional code. Both navigation views (desktop/mobile) are already there. But you will have to modify the classes which are loaded, so that your mobile navigation will always be shown, not depending on screen sizes. Right now your mobile navigation is just shown for specific screen sizes. When the screens are bigger, it immediately switches to your desktop navigation. 

Software Engineer and Frontend Developer
Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
Please click on like and "accepted solution" if my answer helped you.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Emily85

I'd love to be able to help you with this, but first I'd need to know if it's a Shopify free theme you're using or a third-party theme, as our support only extends as far as themes that we have developed ourselves! The more information you can provide me, the better I can help.

I look forward to hearing from you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.