Solved

Merging Narrative sections to Dawn template

Mathias8hrS
Excursionist
46 0 16

Hi, 

I'm currently in the process of transferring my webshop from the Narrative team to the new Dawn theme for Shopify 2.0 as I heavily prefer the store and product pages on the latter.

However, I would like to recuperate some/most of the sections for my homepage of my narrative theme (especially the slideshow and featured slider section elements and testimonials). But if I just copy the code from narrative into a new section in Dawn, the formatting is completely messed up. Is there any simple way to do this? 

Thank you in advance.

Mathias

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Mathias8hrS,

Great to hear you like the new Dawn theme! I completely understand what you're trying to do here but I would advise against copying section code from one theme to another, in a sense this defeats the point of the themes being their own entity. It could also get quite messy as it wouldn't look right with regards to the rest of the theme and it would be out of proportion. Think of an animal with a very thick body and very skinny legs, it just wouldn't look right. 

If you wanted to speak to someone further or look into some possible customisations or edits to the Dawn theme with the Narrative theme in mind you can reach out to our support team to speak to our themes team about it. You can do that by clicking the link and logging in here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Mathias8hrS,

Great to hear you like the new Dawn theme! I completely understand what you're trying to do here but I would advise against copying section code from one theme to another, in a sense this defeats the point of the themes being their own entity. It could also get quite messy as it wouldn't look right with regards to the rest of the theme and it would be out of proportion. Think of an animal with a very thick body and very skinny legs, it just wouldn't look right. 

If you wanted to speak to someone further or look into some possible customisations or edits to the Dawn theme with the Narrative theme in mind you can reach out to our support team to speak to our themes team about it. You can do that by clicking the link and logging in here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mathias8hrS
Excursionist
46 0 16

@Nick 

Hi Nick,

Appreciate the reply. I figured merging 2 themes isn't the best solution for sake of consistency and not screwing up the structure indeed 🙂
I'll have my way with the Dawn theme and possibly indeed reach out to support if they would be willing to/capable to help! 

Thx!

Mathias