Metafields not displaying on DAWN theme

fineartprint
Excursionist
11 0 3

hello everyone

I have created some metafields but when i go to my products page (theme editor) and add a text block and try to insert dynamic sources, i can only see TITLE and VENDOR (i managed adding  NUMERIC and single line TEXT metafields but this is way to limited! ).

I tried adding URL and multiline TEXT but they do not display! I explained this to support, still trying to figure out what is wrong. 

This was supposed to work out of the box but have read that others have issues as well. One user used PageFly to have collapsible tabs with info inside, still not clear to me if those where metafields values. 
Have a look on my screeshots to check what i exactly mean. Has anyone managed to have multiline TEXT and URL metafields types displayed on product pages? ice_screenshot_20211101-235954_cr.jpg

ice_screenshot_20211101-235928.png

Replies 3 (3)

King-Kang
Trailblazer
148 8 76
fineartprint
Excursionist
11 0 3

hello @King-Kang 

collapsible tabs work well and as supposed but what if you want to display dynamic info (metafields) in a simple format like some text or a URL and not with inside collapsible tabs?

This is not possible for the moment which i find extremely limiting and kind of strange for a huge platform like Shopify, not to have that as a simple and standard functionality!

fineartprint
Excursionist
11 0 3

when i spoke about text above, i meant multi-line text type metafield. Single-line is allowed in text block as a metafield value.