minimal theme - add a newsletter section to a page

beechmountain
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me to create a page template in the minimal theme, i would like the bottom of the page to have a spot to put your email in to sign up.. does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you

Jessica

Replies 5 (5)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@beechmountain 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
beechmountain
Visitor
2 0 2

thank you so much 😊🌻

https://beechmountaindistillery.com/pages/subscription-service

i understand they are on the footer but i would just like to put something here so that its on the page, just to subscribe to the mailing list so its easier!

I did attempt to create a new page template with some coding i found on this forum but the coding wasn't working and it maybe wasnt for my template.

Any help is much apprecaited.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@beechmountain 

can you please create newsletter section add this above footer then show to all pages 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9135 1137 1485

@beechmountain- hello Jessica , by default you have newsletter option in the footer which is shown on all the pages too. We can create template too.

To build shopify pages use pagefly You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Paranormal story video using AI
Join me for beginner level training session

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @beechmountain! It sounds like you're trying to add the signup box and all of its code to a specific area on a custom page. This will require not only some HTML, but some CSS and LIquid modifications to your theme, so it'll require some comfort and experience with coding in those elements, sections, and files.

From viewing your site, it looks like you're working on setting things up, but don't have an email marketing app set up yet. Do you have one that you've yet to set up or have you considered streamlining the sign-ups and email marketing in one app?

I highly recommend making the process quick and simple so that you have everything you need in one tool. Running a business is a lot of work so the less time spent on smaller details the more time you can spend on scaling and marketing.

There are 2 apps that I would recommend to help. Privy and Omnisend are both great tools to build email capture sections and manage your email subscriber lists as well as send a series of emails in any setup you prefer. They also have free plans so you don't have to pay extra to add a customized sign-up form on your page. Both of them have some help pages to set up the signup page on your store however you wish for it to look:

One thing to also note here is that having a sign-up page is great, but if your visitors land on your site on a different page and don't see the banner at the top, it would be ideal to have a timed popup to get their attention. Using the apps above you can create that in a matter of a couple of minutes. I suggest making sure that when using a pop-up to capture emails, you set it up so that it will not show up more than once for that person in a day and not show up to those who have already signed up from that IP address. These settings are included in those apps.

An alternative method to get that sign-up form hardcoded into your chosen template page is to hire an expert. I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here. A Shopify Expert would be able to go into all of the files and code needed to set that up for you.

Since you're working on setting things up to capture email subscribers on your site. You'll likely be looking at setting up a welcome funnel as well. This would mean that you'd send a few auto-scheduled emails out to your new subscribers. You can do this with the apps above.

A welcome funnel will give your new subscribers the chance to get to know what your business is about, your story, the products, unique process, and a discount for their first purchase (usually). It's a great way to nurture the new subscriber and grow your list into long-term customers.

Email marketing is a big part of any business and it will help you lower your costs of converting sales in the long run. If you've not had a chance to check into some email marketing strategies, I recommend checking in on this free course we created to help you with all the basics you'll need.

Give me a shout here and let me know which method worked best for you!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog