Minimal theme - How to resize picture?

ducleeno1
10 0 0

Hi.

I'm using Minimal theme.

Here's my website: https://luvingrace.xyz/

As you see, the photo on the product page are not the same size 

ducleeno1_0-1631535819330.png

And on the frontpage, the images are still not in the same size.

ducleeno1_1-1631536048510.png

How to crop all pictures to the same size? Please help me!

0 Likes
ducleeno1
10 0 0

Please help me!

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1045 114 189

Hi @ducleeno1,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on getting your store set up and on all the fantastic work you've done so far!

You mentioned that you're using the Minimal Theme, which is fantastic because we have a help document that will provide you with lots of invaluable information. However, there are certain rules for product images and variants that are true for all of Shopify's free themes.

The basic rule is that you want to make sure that your images are all the same size before uploading to your store. One easy way to achieve this is to use Shopify's free resizer tool. To help you with deciding on the right size, you should consider the following:

• Your product and collection images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels. Product and collection images need to have a file size smaller than 20 MB to be added to Shopify.
  • High-resolution photos look more polished and professional to your customers. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best.
  • For more advice about photographing your products, read The definitive DIY guide to beautiful product photography in the Shopify Blog.

I've taken a look at your store and you've done a great job. It's well laid out, easy to navigate, and well branded. Have I understood correctly that you've essentially created a print-on-demand service? If customers want their design printed on a mug, t-shirt, hat, etc then you can do that for them? I'm just reading your about us page

If I have understood that correctly, you will want to think a little about what gives your business the competitive edge over your customer's local printer service. The question you need to answer is: why would someone order from your store, paying shipping, tax/duties, and wait for delivery, when they could just get their item printed in their local print store?

Sometimes when you try to appeal to too broad an audience you end up losing all of them. Sometimes the better product is niche and appeals to a very specific tribe. I usually use Seth Godin's Tribes talk to help make my point:

Ultimately it is entirely up to you how you wish to proceed, but I just wanted to provide you with some questions to consider to help you!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ducleeno1
10 0 0

Thank you for your response but that is not what I want.

I think I can add the CSS code for resizing all photos on my website. But I don't know what code should I add to do it.

Please help me. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1045 114 189

Due to the high volume of standard design support requests that we receive, we cannot help with specifics or provide instructions on how to make HTML/CSS, Liquid, or JavaScript work for unique requests such as yours. Really the best way to achieve a uniform size of images is to upload all images with the correct aspect ratio. 

However, if you'd like to learn more about coding there are many resources to learn HTML/CSS/JavaScript and Liquid. For example, there are courses online from sites like Udemy and Pluralsight. Local continuing education institutes may offer part-time courses as well.

Other shop owners and designers in this Community Forum may be able to help also. Designers will then be able to use their web development tools (like Firefox Firebug) to help you out. Think of giving back to the community as well: share your own ideas and code snippets.

If you find yourself overwhelmed by an overly advanced problem, you can always reach out to our expert partners as well. 

I hope this helps! All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes