Mixed aspect ratio images on Canopy theme

Ahira
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

I'm forced by the brand I resell to use PNG images that also have different aspect ratios (portrait and landscape). On their website, when clicking through the images, the "canvas" stays the same size. On Canopy theme, the different aspect ratio makes the page resize when going from one picture to another.

Is it possible to create a consistent experience where the image is dynamically resized to fit a consistent canvas size? I hope that made sense...

Replies 3 (3)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Ahira 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Ahira
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @KetanKumar I’ve sent a message with the URL. I’m not allowed to share publicly. 

Pixc
Shopify Partner
570 4 66

Hi @Ahira

If you're interested in giving your images the same aspect ratio. Please check out the Photo Resize app. It offers aspect ratio resizing of your product images to either 1:1 (square), 2:3 (portrait), or 4:3 (landscape). The way it works is that it adds white borders on the sides of your images so the quality will not be affected. 

Once you sign up, you'll get 50 free images to resize so you can test the app first! 

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc