Move product description below share buttons in Simple Theme

Bob1
1 0 0

Hi,

I would like to move the product descriptions to below the social buttons.

The thing is that the customer needs to scroll down too much to read the product descriptions, and I am not sure that is a good thing. My drop-off rates are too high in the detail pages of products. I have limited the images to 4 already, so I am limiting the scrolling already, but if I could move the description, it would probably be better.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

Replies 6 (6)
AnaW
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 25

Hi Bob!

Ana here, from the Shopify support team. :)

That's a really good point, and the good news is, you can definitely move the product description so that it appears higher up on the page, on the right side. You don't even need to access your theme code to make this change.

Just head to your theme editor (Online Store>Themes>Customize theme), then navigate to one of your products from the right preview pane.

Once you're on a product page, on the left hand side, click on the "Product Pages" menu item:

Then, on the next page, change the dropdown in the Description>Position section to "Right of images". Hit save.

The only thing to note is that the share buttons will appear below this description. If you want the share buttons to appear above, you'll need to access your html/css editor (Online Store>Themes>"..." button>Edit HTML/CSS), and open up Sections>product-template.liquid.  

Then, move lines 124-126 above lines 119-122, so that your code looks like this:

Hope this helps! :)

Ana

Cedar_T_
Tourist
12 0 2

Couldn't find this feauture for days! Finally found it :)

EyeandWatch
Tourist
3 0 0

I need to put some text on right and the next below the Images but review come before. How to solve it?

bluchill
Excursionist
30 0 4

Thanks Ana you are a life saver.

babuhbri
1 0 2

HI, i followed all the steps but the product description is not showing up for me. Therefore, i can't move my description higher up on my page. Please help.

IMG_3805.JPG

ck-skin
1 0 0

Same with me, can someone please help