Moving the Promotions Bar to the top - Venture Theme

Solved
yoavbinyamini
2 0 1

Hi

The Promotions Bar in Venture Theme is sitting right under the header. I would like to just move it to be on top of the header (the very top of the page) without changing the design or functionality.

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
122 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

@yoavbinyamini  thats very easy

open your theme code 

see this at Header.liquid :

{% if section.settings.promo_bar_enable %}
    <div id="NotificationPromo" class="notification notification--promo" data-text="{{ section.settings.promo_bar_text | strip_html | handle }}">
      <div class="page-width notification__inner {% if section.settings.promo_bar_link != blank %} notification__inner--has-link{% endif %}">
        {% if section.settings.promo_bar_link != blank %}
          <a href="{{ section.settings.promo_bar_link }}" class="notification__link">
            <span class="notification__message">{{ section.settings.promo_bar_text | escape }}</span>
          </a>
        {% else %}
          <span class="notification__message">{{ section.settings.promo_bar_text | escape }}</span>
        {% endif %}
        <button type="button" class="text-link notification__close" id="NotificationPromoClose">
          {% include 'icon-close' %}
          <span class="icon__fallback-text">{{ 'cart.general.close_notification' | t }}</span>
        </button>
      </div>
    </div>
  {% endif %}

you will cut it not copy 

and put it at the top of this line : search for it and put right top of it  and save 

<header class="site-header page-element is-moved-by-drawer" role="banner" data-section-id

they say if you are beginner with codes duplicate your theme in case any thing happens if you are not beginner font follow this rule LOL :D

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)
Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
122 6 12

This is an accepted solution.

@yoavbinyamini  thats very easy

open your theme code 

see this at Header.liquid :

{% if section.settings.promo_bar_enable %}
    <div id="NotificationPromo" class="notification notification--promo" data-text="{{ section.settings.promo_bar_text | strip_html | handle }}">
      <div class="page-width notification__inner {% if section.settings.promo_bar_link != blank %} notification__inner--has-link{% endif %}">
        {% if section.settings.promo_bar_link != blank %}
          <a href="{{ section.settings.promo_bar_link }}" class="notification__link">
          </a>
        {% else %}
        {% endif %}
        <button type="button" class="text-link notification__close" id="NotificationPromoClose">
          {% include 'icon-close' %}
          <span class="icon__fallback-text">{{ 'cart.general.close_notification' | t }}</span>
        </button>
      </div>
    </div>
  {% endif %}

you will cut it not copy 

and put it at the top of this line : search for it and put right top of it  and save 

<header class="site-header page-element is-moved-by-drawer" role="banner" data-section-id

they say if you are beginner with codes duplicate your theme in case any thing happens if you are not beginner font follow this rule LOL :D

View solution in original post

yoavbinyamini
2 0 1

Emir, you are right, It is very easy  (-:

Thanks a lot, you has saved me hours of frustration.

Cheers

Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
122 6 12

always welcome i'm in love with this theme and any one use it will be my friend :D @yoavbinyamini 

Jonas1509
1 0 1

Hi Emir, my name is Jonas. Im recently started building af webside in the venture theme. I would like the slideshow text to be centered in a easy simple way properbly, but its seems difficult i have searvhed everywhere but there isnt any help to find within this theme. Please help me. 

@Emir_Eldoadoa wrote:

always welcome i'm in love with this theme and any one use it will be my friend :D @yoavbinyamini 

Emir_Eldoadoa
Pathfinder
122 6 12

@Jonas1509  can you add this to your theme.SCSS  at the end of the file 

.hero-content .hero-content__title-wrapper {text-align: center;}
NeilD2301
Shopify Partner
39 0 15

Hi Emir,

I like this solution, thank you. I'd like to be able to centre the secondary text underneath the main title in the slideshow too. Is this as simple?

Annotation 2019-11-15 121106.png

Regards,

Neil

TopNotchVacs
Tourist
13 0 1

Thank you thank you!!

Genuinner
Excursionist
35 0 16

Hello!

Do you have the solution? It will be very great for me to hace the code.

Thanks in advance.

Mp

Genuinner
Excursionist
35 0 16

Hi @Emir_Eldoadoa !

Do you share the code to align the secondary text underneath the main title in the slideshow?

I also see that https://protectsigns.co.uk change the size and types of the title and sub-titles. Do you have a code for that too?

Thanks in advance!

Mp