Solved

Multiple descriptions, custom product page sections

AroArijan1
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

I've recently started working on a food and beverage based store and want to do the following:

• Add multiple descriptions (description, ingredients, servings, shipping)
  • Add tailored content to custom sections - for example, if I create a FAQ section with a custom liquid or a 3rd party app and I'd like to have different content for each product page

The problem is:

• I want the store admin to be able to enter all the information without customizing the template, coding, or changing each product page section by hand
  • I don't want to create different product page templates for each product

If possible, my objective is to add new 'forms' to Shopify Store so that when the store administrator/my client fills the product information (description, sizes, variations...) they can also fill out the custom content on the product page of that product.

I hope I've conveyed my point well.

Accepted Solution (1)

Abdosamer
Shopify Partner
821 146 161

This is an accepted solution.

@AroArijan1 , One solution for this is using metafields, you can create a description , ingredient, serving, shipping metafields for products and using code you could choose where to display these metafields, you can also decide what type of data these metafields will be (numbers-text-richtext... etc), and your store admin can just fill these metafields with the data he want , for example say that I want to create ingredients metafield :
1-first I will go to settings and choose custom data :

Abdosamer_0-1704671375495.png

2- I want to create custom data for products so I will choose products then "add definitions" to add the "ingredients' custom field :

Abdosamer_1-1704671495357.png

As you can see here I have ingredients metafield for products :

Abdosamer_2-1704671649871.png

From select type option you define the type of data you want your store admin to fill :

Abdosamer_3-1704671698858.png

Now you see this Namespace and key field , we will use this to render the metafield value on our store :

image.png

We can access the metafields object through the object of the page we created the
metafield for, followed by the metafields object, followed by namespace, followed
by key, in our case :

products.metafeilds.custom.ingredient

Now all your store admin have to do is to go to products and at the end of the page he will find the ingredient metafield and fill the information without needing any code :

Abdosamer_5-1704672053502.png

Hope this will help you.

Buy me a Coffee
Email : abdelrahamansamer71@gmail.com
Chat on WhatsApp
Profolio

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Abdosamer
Shopify Partner
821 146 161

This is an accepted solution.

@AroArijan1 , One solution for this is using metafields, you can create a description , ingredient, serving, shipping metafields for products and using code you could choose where to display these metafields, you can also decide what type of data these metafields will be (numbers-text-richtext... etc), and your store admin can just fill these metafields with the data he want , for example say that I want to create ingredients metafield :
1-first I will go to settings and choose custom data :

Abdosamer_0-1704671375495.png

2- I want to create custom data for products so I will choose products then "add definitions" to add the "ingredients' custom field :

Abdosamer_1-1704671495357.png

As you can see here I have ingredients metafield for products :

Abdosamer_2-1704671649871.png

From select type option you define the type of data you want your store admin to fill :

Abdosamer_3-1704671698858.png

Now you see this Namespace and key field , we will use this to render the metafield value on our store :

image.png

We can access the metafields object through the object of the page we created the
metafield for, followed by the metafields object, followed by namespace, followed
by key, in our case :

products.metafeilds.custom.ingredient

Now all your store admin have to do is to go to products and at the end of the page he will find the ingredient metafield and fill the information without needing any code :

Abdosamer_5-1704672053502.png

Hope this will help you.

Buy me a Coffee
Email : abdelrahamansamer71@gmail.com
Chat on WhatsApp
Profolio
AroArijan1
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Thank you very much!

I hope you have a great day kind sir.