Solved

My header is way too BIG (Debut theme)

IMeanBusiness
Tourist
4 0 2

This is driving me insane and I am about ready to throw my computer out of the window.

My header is way too big and nothing so far has worked to fix the problem.

I have included a screenshot just to show the issue (https://freeimage.host/i/header-too-big.VBHrVj).  I have blurred my store name, but you can see the header is way too large.

I thought it was an issue with my logo, tried a bunch of sizes but the problem was always the same.  Even when I removed the logo and just kept the text name of my store (as in the screenshot), you can see the header is still too big.  It should be a thin strip.  Not this giant monstrosity.

I do seem to remember a few days ago, there were subheadings within the header, like Home, Catalog, and Contact.  I deleted them because I didn't want them.  I have a feeling the problem is something to do with this.  Even though I removed them, it's as though the header still thinks they are there and is making space for them, even though they are invisible to us.  It's just a guess.

Whatever the reason, I desperately need this fixed.  I am losing time and money because I can't publish my site until this is rectified.  Something this simple should not be this difficult.

I don't know why we are expected to change or fix code.  We're not coders.  If we were, we'd be creating our own sites.  Why can't the process just be simple?

Accepted Solution (1)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@IMeanBusiness 

Please add the following CSS code to the assets/theme.css bottom of the file.

@media only screen and (min-width: 750px){
.site-header.logo--center { padding-top: 10px !important;}
.site-nav--centered {padding-bottom: 10px !important;}
.site-nav {margin: 0px 0 !important;}
.announcement-bar__message {padding: 5px 22px !important;}
}

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@IMeanBusiness 

Please share your store URL!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
IMeanBusiness
Tourist
4 0 2

I'll PM you.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@IMeanBusiness 

Please share your store front password!

Thanks!

IMeanBusiness
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi

I am not sure how you can say it is normal height. I have added the screen shot below. 

It's like 4 times taller than the text name of my store.  Way too big.

header too big.png

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@IMeanBusiness 

Please add the following CSS code to the assets/theme.css bottom of the file.

@media only screen and (min-width: 750px){
.site-header.logo--center { padding-top: 10px !important;}
.site-nav--centered {padding-bottom: 10px !important;}
.site-nav {margin: 0px 0 !important;}
.announcement-bar__message {padding: 5px 22px !important;}
}

Thanks!

IMeanBusiness
Tourist
4 0 2

Yes, this seemed to correct the problem.

I'm hoping to use the Debut theme again for a couple of future stores I'll be creating soon.  

I am hoping this header problem doesn't repeat itself, but I'll be sure to use this code if it does.

Thanks.