Solved

My site title getting (1) append before the title name

dgiftgalore
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello All, 

Everything was working as expected for my site - https://thegiftgalore.com/, but from yesterday I see there is a (1) getting appended before my page title.  I have not changed any code related to the title in the last 2 days. Attaching an image for reference. This is for every single page of my website.

dgiftgalore_0-1637426778900.png

(1) 101 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas – The Gift Galore - Online Gift shop

This is bothering me as I do not want that number randomly getting added before my actual title. 

Here is the code for title

<title>
{{ page_title }}
{%- if current_tags %} &ndash; tagged "{{ current_tags | join: ', ' }}"{% endif -%}
{%- if current_page != 1 %} &ndash; Page {{ current_page }}{% endif -%}
{%- unless page_title contains shop.name %} &ndash; {{ shop.name }}{% endunless -%}
</title>

Please advise. 

Accepted Solution (1)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

The (1) in the title is being set by the chat app you're using on your store and corresponds to the little red dot with the 1 inside on the chat icon in the bottom right corner. Check the settings of the chat app, there's probably an option to disable this.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

The (1) in the title is being set by the chat app you're using on your store and corresponds to the little red dot with the 1 inside on the chat icon in the bottom right corner. Check the settings of the chat app, there's probably an option to disable this.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
dgiftgalore
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you. I was going over all the theme codes. you saved lot of my time 🙂