Narrative Theme Help - Product Images No Arrow/Slider To Move Through Images

KatieC
2 0 1

Hello,

I am looking for some help with the theme on my store (roamnappies.com).

Each product listing has several images uploaded, but to the average customer, it looks like there is only one default image, as there are no arrows shown to move through the image until you click on the main image.

I think this could mean many customers are not seeing the full potential of my products, unless they scroll down the page far enough to see them where they are grouped by default.

I hope that makes sense?

Is there some custom code I can use to make the arrows/slider show on the default image once you click onto each product?

Thanks very much!

roam1.jpg

roam2.jpg

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
439 67 87

Hi, @KatieC.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for this. If image visibility is important for your shop, you might want to consider using the new Dawn theme since it is super fast and much more powerful. If you are curious, check out our preview store for the Dawn theme here and click on one of the products to see how product images appear. With the Dawn theme, you wouldn't even need the arrows to change photos as all product images are displayed automatically. 

That said, if you wish to stick with the narrative theme, this may be something our Theme's team can help you out with. In order to look into this potential, you would need to reach out to one of our live support advisors to request this customization. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.

I hope this gets you on the right track, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog