Need Help Changing Font & Color of font being Used on the Header Image of Home Page

Amanda_S_
Excursionist
19 0 5

Aloha! 

I would like to change the font & color that is being used on the Header image. I am using the Debut theme and changing the font or color is not an option... your help is appreciated! Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
530 0 98

Hey, Amanda!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team.

That logo looks to be one that you've uploaded as an image in your theme customizer. Because the theme customizer is just interpreting the header as an inserted image, there's no way to change the text colour without using an outside program. 

Do you have access to the original logo image? If so, you can use a service like Pixlr to change the font colour, and then upload the image into the theme customizer again. 

Let me know if that makes sense, or if I'm off track. :) 

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Savannah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Amanda_S_
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi Savannah,

I've made a mistake in my request for some help. I am actually trying to change the font & font's color of the "Image with Text Overlay" & not my logo used in the Header. 

Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
530 0 98

Hey, Amanda!

No problem at all. There is actually an area within the theme customizer that will help you change that text colour. Simply navigate to Online Store>Themes>Customize Theme, and select "General Settings" from the top of the left-hand menu. 

Once you're there, select the "Colors" item, and then scroll down to the area that says "Image Overlays." It should look like this

Likewise, you can change the font type by selecting the Typography item from the General Settings menu, and then selecting, "headings and buttons." 

Let me know if that does the trick :) 

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Savannah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Robert_Bugeag
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Hello Amanda,

If you don't find the options you need in your theme settings and want to learn how to change your font size, font color or font weight (and much more) I have created a FREE course on these subjects. It is only 1 hour long and will help you understand the basic of applying some design changes using CSS on your Shopify store: http://shopify-how-to-videos.thinkific.com/courses/free-shopify-style-css-class-for-beginners

Thank you and good luck!

Helping store owners like you around the world. Check my youtube channel for how to videos: youtube.com/channel/UCdN-RKEorn61nZ3mTw4uq1g