Solved

Need to password protect site but do not want 'opening soon' or 'be the first person' etc.

holyhalvah
Tourist
9 0 1

Need to password protect site for certain people with the password but do not want 'opening soon' or 'be the first person' etc. Our site is live just need to restrict access.

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 13.50.56.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Erin
Shopify Staff
852 124 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @holyhalvah. I'm happy to help you out with this! Which theme are you currently using for your online store? Also, how would you like this page to look instead? If you have any examples, I may be able to suggest some options for you!

To password protect your online store, you will need to follow the steps explained in this guide. When you do this, your customers will need to enter the password to view your online store. The screenshot you shared is the default look of the password page, but this can be customized within your theme editor, like your other pages. You can get into your theme editor by going to Online store > Themes > Customize (next to the theme you're using). From here, select the template you want to edit at the top of the page. For your password page, it can typically be found by going to Others > Password like in the screenshot below, but the exact wording can differ depending on the theme you're using. You can edit the page using your theme's available sections and blocks from here. If it's just the wording of "Opening soon - Be the first to know when we launch." that you'd like to change, this can be changed by clicking the relevant blocks under the Email signup banner section and replacing the text with what you'd like it to say instead.

How to find the password page template:
09-59-60795-24477

Example of how to edit the "Opening soon" text:
09-06-44495-97135

Please let me know if you have any questions! This guide on customizing themes and this guide on using sections and blocks can help in the meantime.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Erin
Shopify Staff
852 124 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @holyhalvah. I'm happy to help you out with this! Which theme are you currently using for your online store? Also, how would you like this page to look instead? If you have any examples, I may be able to suggest some options for you!

To password protect your online store, you will need to follow the steps explained in this guide. When you do this, your customers will need to enter the password to view your online store. The screenshot you shared is the default look of the password page, but this can be customized within your theme editor, like your other pages. You can get into your theme editor by going to Online store > Themes > Customize (next to the theme you're using). From here, select the template you want to edit at the top of the page. For your password page, it can typically be found by going to Others > Password like in the screenshot below, but the exact wording can differ depending on the theme you're using. You can edit the page using your theme's available sections and blocks from here. If it's just the wording of "Opening soon - Be the first to know when we launch." that you'd like to change, this can be changed by clicking the relevant blocks under the Email signup banner section and replacing the text with what you'd like it to say instead.

How to find the password page template:
09-59-60795-24477

Example of how to edit the "Opening soon" text:
09-06-44495-97135

Please let me know if you have any questions! This guide on customizing themes and this guide on using sections and blocks can help in the meantime.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

holyhalvah
Tourist
9 0 1

This was very helpful thank you!