Nested Dropdown Menu Depth - Empire Theme

Hydrodionne
Tourist
7 0 6

It seems shopify sets a maximum depth of nested menus to 3. Is it possible to add an additional level beyond this? We are using the Empire theme and attempting to create a mega menu with sidebar since our number of broad categories exceed the 5 mega menus permitted on the navigation header.  There seem to be 3rd party mega menu apps however is it possible to have more than 5 mega menu items without the use of one of these apps?

Goal: Catalog->Product Category 1 -> Subcategory 1 -> Subcategory 2

Please note that our website is not yet launched therefore we cannot share the URL for support. 

Thank you.

Replies 14 (14)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Hydrodionne 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/menus-and-links/drop-down-menus

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @Hydrodionne,

You can create a mega menu following this tutorial https://support.pixelunion.net/hc/en-us/articles/360025979773-How-do-I-set-up-mega-menu-with-Empire-

Hope it helps!

If my answer can help you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Hydrodionne
Tourist
7 0 6

Hi @LitExtension & @KetanKumar ,

Thank you for your responses. However this does not solve my issue. I already know how to add mega menus. The problem is there seems to be a limit of 5 mega menus only. I have at least 7 menu items that require a mega menu. If you know a way to bypass/ increase the limit of mega menus I can add to the header then please let me know. 

PS I attempted to mix 5 "Mega Menu" with 2 "multi-column single menus" however when I do this the spacing and font of the menus are completely different and not presentable. 

Kind Regards

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Hydrodionne 

oh i see can you please provide store url so i will check and reivew

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Hydrodionne
Tourist
7 0 6
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Hydrodionne 

thanks for url give me your rough idea on image so i will guide 

Hydrodionne
Tourist
7 0 6

Hi @KetanKumar,

As you can see in the attached screenshots, I have 7 menu items that require mega menus. However on the lefthand side you can see that shopify only allows me to include 5 max. The error message attached is displayed if I try to add a 6th megamenu. Is there any way to bypass this limit? Thank you. 

mega menu snippet.PNG

Error Message.PNG

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Hydrodionne 

great thanks for exampling 

can you please sent your header code so in will check and let you know all possibility 

AlexanderLM
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi @Hydrodionne,

I've got the same issue you're talking about - except i want side menues not the mega.

I can see by your link that you now actually have 8 mega menues, can you explain how you did that? this threat just ends with no result.

I hope you can help,

Alexander

AlexanderLM
Tourist
7 0 3

Nevermind - found the solution

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

thanks for update

shopthrill
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you share your solution?

gasket1988
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, could you share the solution to find to add more mega menus as it is limited to 5?

JaredNA
Visitor
1 0 0

I have also run into this issue and am searching for a solution. Can you share yours?