Can I automate a new arrivals collection removal after 30 days on Shopify?

babesboars
Tourist
5 0 0

Whats the best way to add a new arrivals collection to my store?

Is there anyway after 30days it will be removed. how do they get added into the collections. 

Replies 13 (13)

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

Hi @babesboars 

Just make a collection  named new arrivals, then make the statement to only add products with the tag new arrivals,

Then add tags to all the products that are new arrivals. Once its done, just remove the tags from the products.

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

babesboars
Tourist
5 0 0

Can you add product to two collections?

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

You can as long as you add the statement there which says to tag it. i.e. like below

Defineify_0-1602636582784.png

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

Vellir
Shopify Partner
146 32 41

Have a look at https://apps.shopify.com/newr

It's an app that automatically adds products to your new arrivals collections and remove them after X days (according to your settings).

- Looking for a Wishlist? Try First Wish

- Shopify Merchants, manage your new arrivals with Newr

- Shopify Developers, if you're looking into selling your app to focus on other projects, drop me a line.
214decor
Tourist
4 0 3

Does it keep the items in the same order or does it mix them up each time the page loads? I'm looking for a way to add, for example, 40 new products and have those 40 rotate which ones show up first on the homepage (so the same 6 don't show up every time just because they were added last).

BugShallNotPass
Shopify Partner
32 1 9

@214decor, yes, you can do that if you use the the New Arrivals app. All you need is to set up the collection based on the tag configured in the app and then sort the collection by Newest. By doing so it will show the recently added products on the home page.

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Best Sellers Shopify app - and automate bestseller collections based on quantities or sales
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines

BugShallNotPass
Shopify Partner
32 1 9

The New Arrivals Shopify app is another option that might be helpful to set up an automated tag-based new arrivals collection. It can automatically tag and untag products based on creation or publishing date. You can set up a concrete period of time the products should be considered to be "new". It will automatically remove the tag after a specified period of time.

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Best Sellers Shopify app - and automate bestseller collections based on quantities or sales
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines

Kevin_King5
Shopify Expert
108 0 12

Here is a step-by-step video for creating a new arrivals collection based on tags, how to add the new arrival products in a featured collection on the home page or connect it banner button or navigation menu. It also shows how to add or remove items in bulk from the New Arrival Collection Video  @ links to members

usoffroad
Visitor
2 0 1

This is nuts that there isn't a better built in solution for this. Every single ecom platform I've used, and I've used them all, has this by default...without tagging.

This is as bad as the variants handling in Shopify...

Brad Galbraith
U.S. Off Road

Its_Jeremy
Visitor
1 0 1

You can create a new arrivals collection easily with Shopify flow.

Simply create a Flow that adds "New Arrival" Tag when a product is created on your store. Then set an action to Wait for your specified time, then remove the Tag.

Create an Automated collection based on the "New Arrival" Tag and you are good to go. No need to pay for an App. 

emilywws
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried to create this flow and received an error:

Correct this workflow issue:

• Ensure that workflow total wait duration does not exceed 30 days.

I had wanted to make the wait time 90 days to leave items as new arrivals for 90 days...

My rules are as follows: 

Product added to store > check if total inventory is greater than 1 > add product tag: New Arrival > Wait for 90 days > Remove product tag: New Arrival.

visualbaker
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

This works. Thank you for sharing!

shoptallulahs
Visitor
1 0 0

How do you create a flow?