New Arrivals Collection

babesboars
Tourist
5 0 0

Whats the best way to add a new arrivals collection to my store?

Is there anyway after 30days it will be removed. how do they get added into the collections. 

Replies 7 (7)
Bluish
Shopify Partner
651 94 115

Hi @babesboars 

Just make a collection  named new arrivals, then make the statement to only add products with the tag new arrivals,

Then add tags to all the products that are new arrivals. Once its done, just remove the tags from the products.

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

babesboars
Tourist
5 0 0

Can you add product to two collections?

Bluish
Shopify Partner
651 94 115

You can as long as you add the statement there which says to tag it. i.e. like below

Defineify_0-1602636582784.png

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

Vellir
Shopify Partner
134 29 34

Have a look at https://apps.shopify.com/newr

It's an app that automatically adds products to your new arrivals collections and remove them after X days (according to your settings).

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr
BugShallNotPass
Excursionist
29 1 2

The New Arrivals Shopify app is another option that might be helpful to set up an automated tag-based new arrivals collection. It can automatically tag and untag products based on creation or publishing date. You can set up a concrete period of time the products should be considered to be "new". It will automatically remove the tag after a specified period of time.

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines
214decor
Tourist
4 0 3

Does it keep the items in the same order or does it mix them up each time the page loads? I'm looking for a way to add, for example, 40 new products and have those 40 rotate which ones show up first on the homepage (so the same 6 don't show up every time just because they were added last).

BugShallNotPass
Excursionist
29 1 2

@214decor, yes, you can do that if you use the the New Arrivals app. All you need is to set up the collection based on the tag configured in the app and then sort the collection by Newest. By doing so it will show the recently added products on the home page.

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines