new small business needs info on setting up web site and POS

MacYoga1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi  I am opening a yoga studio and need a web site and POS.  Can you direct me where to start / advice/ how to get started ... thanks  

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @MacYoga1.

I noticed that you are a new member of our Community forums, welcome! Thanks for bringing your question to us. I'm excited to hear about the plan for your new yoga studio - congrats. I'd be more than happy to provide you with some guidance for getting started.

In order to gain a better understanding of your business strategy, I am curious about the online portion of your website. For example, are you hoping to have a booking system where your clients can schedule their classes, will you be selling merchandise or online classes, etc? 

I will admit that starting out can be overwhelming at times. However, Shopify offers you all the tools you need to get started and grow your business successfully. Some of Shopify's features include templates for the look and feel of your store, tools to sell in multiple places online and in-person, integrated payment processing, the best-converting checkout on the internet, SEO, and marketing tools. To get started I recommend signing up for our free 14-day trialThis is a great way to explore the platform while you start to design your website. After your trial ends, you can pick a plan and start selling right away. We offer three-tier level subscription plans. Most merchants decide to start with the Basic plan (29 USD/month). However, you can always upgrade your plan to add new features and functionality to your store as needed. Check out our pricing plan options for more information. When you're ready, I highly recommend these resources to learn more about getting started with Shopify:

1. Getting Started: This resource outlines some important things to take into consideration when building your store. 
  2. Shopify Youtube: The Shopify Help Center Youtube center is also a great resource, all the videos are created by our team here and provide lots of information along with visual guides for different aspects of store setup.
  3. Shopify Compass: Compass helps entrepreneurs start and run businesses on Shopify by giving them access to the guidance, resources, and community they need to be successful. This is a great place to learn more about creating your online business.

Once you're ready to start selling in person, then you need to set up the Shopify POS app, choose your hardware, and set up your payment methods. We have a great document that goes over all of this: Getting started with Shopify Point of Sale. Please let me know if you have any questions after reading through.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and learning more about your business! 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @MacYoga1.

Just checking in with you! Did my previous response help? If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach back out. 

Best, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog