New Theme with new products

thruluvtime
2 0 0

Hello! I am currently using Minimal theme with one product. I am adding 3 new products and have designed the Motion theme. I want to add the new products to the New theme (Motion ) without adding them to the current (Minimal) theme. If I change them to "draft" they don't show on the unpublished theme I am working on. If they are "active" they show on the current Minimal theme but have not been released yet. Is there an in-between where I can choose some products to show up on the unpublished theme but not on the published one? Please and thank you!

Replies 2 (2)
Emily
Shopify Staff
39 4 16

Hey, @thruluvtime

Thank you for reaching out!

Currently, products are attached to your published theme. There wouldn’t be a way to have products visible on an unpublished theme and hidden on your published theme. From what you have shared, is your main objective to view what your products will look like on your unpublished theme?

I will pass along your feature request to our developers as I know this would be a great feature to offer on our platform.

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

thruluvtime
2 0 0

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your response! Yes, that is my objective. I have had to make several revisions to the new products due to several personalization options involved. So, I keep making the product active, publishing it, checking it, unpublish it, changing each product to draft, fixing the problem then doing it all again.  I didn't have the pricing worked out and there were several things I had to check, then fix, then check again.   So if a customer happened to visit my store while I had it published to check it,  it would make my page look very unprofessional and incomplete. I think this would be a great option to have. I only had 3 products. I can't imagine if I had had hundreds...