Solved

New themes worth waiting or starting with current theme?

oceanrace
Excursionist
13 0 5

Hi, I tried the free Debut theme but I think I need more options and more comfort.

The Launch or Startup theme seem good but now I heard new themes are coming in August?

What do you think, is it worth to wait for the new themes or should I just start with a current theme? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Depends on how soon you plan on selling I think. If you want to get the business going, I say just start one. There's going to be plenty to learn along the way and you can at least get a jump on some of it. Switching to a new theme is as simple as pushing the publish button and reconfiguring your stuff in the customize editor. If you just want to get your toes wet start a Shopify Partner account and make a test store. You can keep them indefinitely and use it as a little playground to get to know the ins and outs of Shopify. 

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Depends on how soon you plan on selling I think. If you want to get the business going, I say just start one. There's going to be plenty to learn along the way and you can at least get a jump on some of it. Switching to a new theme is as simple as pushing the publish button and reconfiguring your stuff in the customize editor. If you just want to get your toes wet start a Shopify Partner account and make a test store. You can keep them indefinitely and use it as a little playground to get to know the ins and outs of Shopify. 

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
oceanrace
Excursionist
13 0 5

Thanks, this is genrally a good move. But if I buy Startup theme now and in two weeks a new, better theme is being launched, then I have to buy the next one. This is, what I want to avoid. Currently I am practicing with the Debut theme, just as you suggest.