Solved

No Favicon Option on Dawn Theme

mr-usman
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi,

I am using dawn theme and there is no option in theme settings to add a favicon. Here are all options that I got in theme settingsDawn theme no favicon .jpg

Please help me with this. Thank You 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mr-usman,

Nick here from Shopify! 

Dawn has not yet been released to merchants and all features are not available yet at this time. I see you're a Shopify Partner (I have added this role status to your community profile) an guess you're working on a copy of Dawn in a merchants store, which we are not able to support until the theme is officially released. We don't have a date for the release just yet either! Be sure to keep an eye out for it. We will be announcing it to let all the merchants know. 

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Dizisi
Excursionist
35 0 11

Adding it is easy. Just add an .ico image file that is either 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels. Then, in the web pages, add <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"> to the <head> element.

You can easily generate favicons here https://www.favicon.cc/

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mr-usman,

Nick here from Shopify! 

Dawn has not yet been released to merchants and all features are not available yet at this time. I see you're a Shopify Partner (I have added this role status to your community profile) an guess you're working on a copy of Dawn in a merchants store, which we are not able to support until the theme is officially released. We don't have a date for the release just yet either! Be sure to keep an eye out for it. We will be announcing it to let all the merchants know. 

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

piroc_media
Shopify Expert
47 0 12

checking in to see if there's a follow up. it appears that Dawn is officially released now but I still don't see an option to add a favicon easily.

thanks

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @piroc_media,

Are you using the same theme as before? In this isntance it wouldn't automatically update in the theme like that, you would need to download it again from the theme store and it will have the favicon option! 

I downloaded the theme just now and it shows up. 

07-18-2olzp-n8gg8

DBarbara
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I have the same problem, if I download the theme again can I import my settings to the new version of the theme?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @DBarbara,

With regards to the theme settings on how it looks etc, you would have to set that up again, but you wouldn't need to import your products or any other settings like that in. 

It would be like getting a brand new theme from scratch in this sense. It's not ideal, I know, but it would be the only way for this! 

nightingalekls
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

NOOOOOOOO guys seriously? Have to redo the entire site to add a favicon?? How on earth has that happened. Surely you can update previous theme - this seems crazy. That's so much work I actually cant believe it. 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

I completley understand how annoying this is @nightingalekls. Because the theme you have currently can't have that Favicon part added automatically, adding a new updated theme would be the only way to get the latest Dawn theme and editing settings. 

nightingalekls
Shopify Partner
5 0 1
Beauty of the Dawn theme was the option to really customise pages and
layouts more within the drag and drop, but it's negated now by theme
updates that wont apply haha. Favicon app?
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @nightingalekls,

I saw you were a partner (I also added the Partner role to your Community profile) and think you must have gotten one of the earliest versions of Dawn before it was released to all the merchants across Shopify which was a Beta version of the theme and must have been missing the Favicon feature which is why it was missing. No theme can auto update and have a section added to it, so for an update like this, it has to be a new theme downloaded with the all the features to have the complete theme. I hope this helps explain why the Favicon feature was missing for you. 

nightingalekls
Shopify Partner
5 0 1
Totally understand 🙂 hoping there's an app or code snippet to be added
that can overcome this without having to reconfigure an entire site? If you
can let me know:)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @nightingalekls, this would be something for our theme support team to look into for you. I can't gaurentee they'd be able to fix it, but it would be the place to ask. You can do so, by logging in here and asking our support team who will bring it to the themes team. Hopefully they can add it for you, but as I mentioned, I can't gaurentee they will! 

r_thin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, I'm currently using the dawn theme but I'm unable to find the " Favicon " in theme settings. Where can I find it other than theme settings? Thank you

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @r_thin,

That seems strange that the Favicon feature isn't showing up for you in the theme settings. Can I ask when you downloaded the Dawn theme? If you can give me the theme version, that would be perfect! If it was before August, you might be on the Beta version. Most Shopify themes would have the Favicon feature built into the theme settings and if it's not there, it is more than likely an early version of the theme which isn't complete. 

It could be worth downloading the theme from the theme store again and see if it shows up for you. Please find a link to the Dawn theme here

If it's still now showing up for you in the theme settings after that, I would recommend reaching out to our support team where one of our advisors or theme support team can look into this for you with more detail. Click and log in here to do that. 

mikeg123
Tourist
4 0 3

Location is now in theme editor  / theme settings / logo (second option in logo menu) 

Narmi-tech
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks Mike , now why couldn't nick from shopify tell us this!!