No option to select variants on product page [Debut Theme]

dano3333
Excursionist
18 0 2

For some reason, I am not able to see the section, where I should be able to select different variants of my product:

dano3333_0-1634402356448.png

I've made several changes to the code, but nothing that should have had an effect on this section. Would be very grateful, if someone could help me out here!

Store URL: fitlseeves.myshopify.com PW: fleost

Thanks in advance.

Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @dano3333,

I'd love to understand a bit more about this in order to help you out!

• Has this issue just started recently or have you not been able to see any product variants on your site at all?
  • Have you installed or uninstalled any product-related apps recently?

You mentioned above that you had made adjustments to your theme code, did you happen to duplicate the theme beforehand? Before you customize a theme, it's a good idea to make a backup copy so that you can discard your changes and start again if you need to. If you've changed theme files and need to revert them, you can roll back .liquid files individually to a time and date before you made the changes. Below I have attached a step by step guide on how to roll back to a previous version of your theme:

Give this a try and let me know if the variants reappear in an older version!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dano3333
Excursionist
18 0 2

Okay, so here's the thing: After installing an app that should show the product's variants as image swatches and buttons, then using the same code on a different Shopify website, I haven't been able to see my product's variants at all anymore. Even after reinstalling the app on my new store, the variants just didn't reappear. The app I'm referring to is called "Variant Options Swatch King" made by StarApps Studio.

I've tried to go back to the original version of the theme like you recommended, but nothing happened.

Appreciate your help, hope you have an easy fix to this!

Here's a picture of this first section on the product page with the original code:

dano3333_0-1634461376308.png

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@dano3333,

I have come across this error before with a few other product variant apps! Sometimes they aren't compatible with particular themes and need to be completely removed, but it's hard to tell why this app isn't functioning correctly without access to your Shopify admin. It's also possible some settings need to be configured through the app itself, to ensure the variants are visible.

Firstly, I suggest reaching out to the app developers and ask for help with configuring the image swatches and buttons. Most of the time they are more than happy to assist with the installation on your behalf.

Secondly, have you tried deleting the "Variant Options Swatch King" app from your store? When uninstalling third-party apps, sometimes pieces of code still linger in your theme. Some residual codes have conflicts with theme functionality and also need to be resolved through the app developers.

StarApps Studio can review your theme.liquid to ensure correct installation or the complete removal of the app. I have linked their support details below:

Let me know how you get on! 

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog