Origin Theme - How to change the image banner for a video banner?

LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

What coding can I use to make this happen? 

I think this may be a new free theme hence why I can't find an answer online as of yet. 

I can put in a full width video however that will not auto-play. 

By L&S Team
Replies 7 (7)

lunaworks
Shopify Partner
435 42 43

Why dont you create a new section for the video banner instead of changing an image banner to video?

banned
LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

@lunaworks 

There isn't an option for that? If there was I wouldn't be asking the question. 

By L&S Team
lunaworks
Shopify Partner
435 42 43

You should have the option to create new sections. To create a new section, go to Edit Code > Sections > Add a new section 

banned
LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

@lunaworks I am unsure on the steps after that. How will this add a video banner to my Home Page? 

By L&S Team
lunaworks
Shopify Partner
435 42 43

Because your theme doesnt have a video section, you'll have to create one. An image banner is for images only so you can use a video for that.

Below is a code for a video section, follow the steps above to create a new section and copy the code in the section you created. Go to your Customize > Add section, look for "Custom Video" section and add. 

<video id="home-video" max-height="100%" width="100%" autoplay="" muted="" loop="" playsinline="">
  <source src="{{ section.settings.custom_video }}" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

{% schema %}
  {
    "name": "Custom Video",
    "settings": [
      {
        "type":"url",
        "id":"custom_video",
        "label":"Add video url"
      }
    ],
    "presets":[
      {
        "name":"Custom Video"
      }
    ]
  }
{% endschema %}

banned
LSAccounting
Trailblazer
183 1 22

Do I suppose to add the url from files in the code where it states 'label: add video url'? I have done the steps above, created a section (edit code - sections - add section), and pasted this code in but in the created it isn't showing anything apart from the standard custom liquid. 

By L&S Team
lunaworks
Shopify Partner
435 42 43

Yes, add the URL to your video there. I’d suggest you upload your video to shopify, go to settings > files and then upload the video. You’ll get an option to copy the video you uploaded url 

If I understand you clearly, you’ve created a section and added the code I sent earlier. You added the Custom video section and what happened? 

banned