Can you increase the section limit on a Shopify page?

RenGDev
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, so I've built a page for my client that utilizes a lot of section components because the single page was really massive so I broke down the whole page into sections so they can have customizability and reusability. 

Now the problem is when they were setting it up, the page showed that there was a section limit 20/20, as shown in the image below.

RenGDev_0-1626071090472.jpeg

But my client still need to add a few more sections to complete the page, is there a way to increase the section limit for pages? Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Akibhusen
Shopify Partner
715 121 147

Hi,

yes, there is a limitation of adding the section on the home page. In online store 2.0, you can add up to 20 sections only.

You can use any old theme they will give the options to add up to 25 sections on the home page.

ParisAbbasian
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

Does the the header and footer class as a section?

Kind Regards 

Paris 

abbas20
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi RenGDev,

Did you find a solution to the 20 section limit? Im having the same issue. Trying to build a page that has many more sections than the allowed 20. Im using the latest ella 5.0 theme. Is this an Ella limitation or shopify's?

Regards,
Abbas.

justdanorm
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

This was really annoying and I see no reason for the limitation of 20 blocks, but I found a workaround.

I added a second "custom content" block on the same page.

So I created a second section (section1.liquid and section2.liquid)

and then on the page template added

{% section 'section1' %}
{% section 'section2' %}

This allowed me to add another 20 blocks.

EDIT - I lied - when previewing it blocks the product from displaying...