Solved

Palo Alto Drop Down not working sometimes

quamen
Excursionist
17 0 6

We have the Palo Alto Theme and sometimes the drop downs are not working. Our site is greenwayscc.com and when you click on a product and select the size, the size might not change at times.  Also sometimes it states out of stock and when you refresh the site it states in stock.   

I cannot understand why the variation drop down within the item is not working.  Example to item  https://greenwayscc.com/collections/car-washing/products/greenways-car-shampoo?variant=3025890348243...  Sometimes it works other times it doesn't. 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @quamen 

Sometimes issues happened due to cache but as you described about variants dropdown putting issues and that is not acceptable.

It better to contact the Palo Alto theme developer team to resolve this issue.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View solution in original post

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

After updating the theme might be a chance any app script not compatible or overloading any theme script.

I can see some error on console but not sure if they're related to this issue.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

Hi @quamen 

Sometimes issues happened due to cache but as you described about variants dropdown putting issues and that is not acceptable.

It better to contact the Palo Alto theme developer team to resolve this issue.

quamen
Excursionist
17 0 6

We did contact them and they are looking into it, but they are so slow to fix issues and respond sometimes. It seems like contact person is not developer and he forwards messages. They have been better lately, but he also stated it might be an app we have in our store but I beleive this is not the case. We did not install new apps and after update had issues. I cannot put blame on them, but I wish theme support had quicker customer service. I wish there were themes with direct phone contact. 

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
506 112 115

After updating the theme might be a chance any app script not compatible or overloading any theme script.

I can see some error on console but not sure if they're related to this issue.

quamen
Excursionist
17 0 6

you were correct it was an app!

quamen
Excursionist
17 0 6

Thank you.  I reached out to them.