Password reset confirmation message

Kiroo
2 0 0

How do I add a confirmation message like "We've sent you an email with a link to update your password" when customers submit their email to reset the password? They do receive an email with a link to update the password but there is no confirmation message received on the password reset page.

I have been trying a lot to fix but nothing seems to be working. I am now lost and can't figure out.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1343 167 220

Hey, @Kiroo! Welcome to the Community. 

Which theme are you using? Free Shopify themes include the password recovery confirmation message as seen below:

20-30-56727-43007

You can even change the wording through the language editor, if you’d like, which is found by going to ‘Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages’. Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kiroo
2 0 0

Hi @Helen 

I am using debut theme, however, we have customized it a lot. I get this message on the default debut theme but not on my customized theme. And I am not sure where do I add this? Do you know which liquid file has this setting?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1343 167 220

Gotcha, @Kiroo. Did you do the customizations yourself? Or did you hire a developer to help? If you hired a developer I suggest reaching back out to them to let them know that the customizations removed the password reset confirmation message. They should be able to fix that for you.

That being said, I’m afraid we aren’t trained in coding here in support, and so I can’t advise with certainty which file contains this setting. However, looking at the Debut theme for my own store, the customers/reset_password.liquid file as seen below, would be a good place to start. 

22-05-81097-92097

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes