PERSONALIZED CUSTOMIZATION ON PRODUCT PAGES WITHOUT APP

Nishant24
Excursionist
29 0 10

I want to offer custom-made products for t-shirts, mugs, hoodies, and notebooks offered in my store. But, I don't want to overload my store with apps, so just want to know if there's a way to offer the customization option on our product pages without the need to use an app?

Here's the example of what I am looking for. The first screenshot shows the "customize it" button below the add to cart and then the next screenshot shows the page that opens on clicking customize it. 

2.png3.png

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2041 223 326

Hey, @!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It's great to hear you are wanting to offer custom-made products to your customers. The advantage of custom products is that customers can really create a unique product that they can use for special occasions or as gifts. This can improve conversions and help you generate substantial revenue!

I understand you are wanting to integrate this feature without using an app. Is there a reason why you prefer not to use an app? Apps are generally the go-to solution for a feature like this and would be more cost-effective rather than hiring a coding expert. I suggest trying out an app first, see how it works then re-evaluate implementing a custom solution down the road.

I have gone ahead and found 2 fantastic apps you could look into:

• Qstomizer | Shopify App Store - Works on any laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Made with pure CSS3 + HTML5 + Javascript. Fully compatible with any web browser available in the market.

• Fancy Product Designer | Shopify App Store - The interface of the Product Designer can effortlessly be changed to suit your page and products. You can define the size, colour and position of the interface elements yourself or choose one of the predefined layouts.

If you wanted to head down the custom HTML path, Shopify has paid experts who will complete custom coding and in-depth customizations for your store for an agreed fee between you both, they are fantastic at helping you achieve what you're after. Click here to find out more about hiring a Shopify Expert.

Below I have linked two step by step tutorials that will enable you to integrate the customization features directly into your theme:

Important Coding Reminders:

• If you make changes to the original code and save the changes, you will not be able to revert back. We always suggest you first duplicate the theme and work in the duplicate. That way you can always go back to your previous version.

• If you make changes to the original code in a theme and update your theme to a newer version in the future it will override past changes.

• If you've changed theme files and need to revert them, you can roll back .liquid files individually to a time and date before you made the changes.

While you're working on this, you may be interested in some of the free resources we provide here at Shopify. My favorite is our video courses on Shopify Compass, including the one on How to Design Your Online Store. This course goes through how to design your website to best suit your brand.

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Cheers,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog