Place custom 'Coming soon' url behind 'Add to cart' button

Wibe_Hoven
1 0 0

Good morning,

I am curious how I can place the url of our coming soon page (https://www.freshonwheels.nl/apps/coming-soon) behind an add to cart button in our shop.

We are not ready to sell our dishes yet, but we would like to measure the buy interest from advertising. Hopefully someone can help me out

Regards,

Wibe

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1429 94 195

Hi there @Wibe_Hoven!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to share your query with us here in the Community.

We do have coding customisation here you can check out that is usually used for replacing the add to cart button with a contact link.

You could attempt to use the method outlined here to replace the add to cart button with a link to your coming soon page instead.

Something I would always recommend to merchants taking on coding customisation like this would be to duplicate your theme first so that you have a safe copy to fall back on.

You mentioned you're still working your way towards launch, do you know what else you need to work on before going live?

Have you chosen a payment provider for taking payments from your customers and do you have a delivery method lined up (either local courier or national shipping depending)?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes