Prestige Theme - Product Description Overlapping With Review Section & Recently Viewed

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I have the Prestige Theme, version 1, I believe, and the Product Description & Specification section overlaps with Review Section & Recently Viewed. I have noticed this tends to be the case when the description or specifications section is long.

Here are some images below of the issue:

10-22-52056-51076.png 

LadyP_3-1636512039778.png

I would also love to have the Product Description & Specification sections be under the product image instead of to the side, so that it is wider.

Replies 17 (17)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- this will need code editing, can you please share your page link where you have this issue?

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

Hello @suyash1 this issue is in every product page where the description or specification is long. Here is an example of one.

I sincerely hope this is something that can be easily resolved. 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- we will need to make multiple settings to make it like this

suyash1_0-1636555384048.png

You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

Okay. What will these settings be?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- please add given css to the very end of your theme.scss.css file and check, then we can make more adjustments needed

@media screen and (min-width: 1008px) {
  .Product__InfoWrapper {position: initial;}

.template-product .Product__Wrapper{display: flex; max-width: 100%;}
}

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

To verify I am inputting the given code after the end of what is circled in the picture below?

LadyP_0-1636557115141.png

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- yes... after the last "}"

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

Okay. I have added it.

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- it is not overlapped on my screen now

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

I just checked and the overlapping issue seems to be fixed.

Thank you!

Will the next steps you mentioned be about getting the description to be under the product image instead of to the right?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@LadyP- do you want text under image?

suyash1_0-1636558266216.png

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

I am not sure if by text under image we are referencing the same thing, however, I am thinking something similar to this if a simple coding will fix it, where the product information is below the product image like below from this website.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 10.30.05 AM.png

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

I believe we are talking about the same thing. But yes, I want for the product information to be below the product information if a simple coding can fix it. Similar to the below image from this website.

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

Okay. I have posted my response twice only to see it disappear. Not sure what is going on but I will try again.

I want for the product information to be below the product image if a simple coding can fix it. Similar to the below image.

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

@suyash1 Okay now I have an even bigger problem. While the code given took care of the issue with overlapping, it now has caused my product images to no longer show and I am in the middle of running ads!

Below is the image of what is seen in place of the product images. I am going to remove that code for now until a better solution can be provided.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 12.26.56 PM.png

LadyP
Tourist
17 0 2

I also see the following message in the theme editor:

SCSS support is deprecated in themes

Convert .scss and .scss.liquid files to .css or .css.liquid for a better performing online store and theme editor.

Could this be the reason why the provided code caused my product images to disappear? I really want to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please anyone who can help kindly advise.

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479
Yes sure, please remove the code, actually it should not remove images but
must be getting conflicted with some other code