Price varients not showing on shop page

PacePottery
Visitor
2 0 0

I've been working on the pages for my products and have a lot of variants in my pieces (Size, colour, shape, etc). Size is the main factor on price, (ie: A large Pitcher is $150, but a medium one is $95) but when i put them in as variants I only get one price shown on the preview, regardless of the options selected. Do I have to make separate pages for each size or can I streamline this? I've also tried with and without prices at the start, inputting them only at the variants sections and it hasn't changed anything.

shopify1.png

shopify2.png

shopify3.png

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @PacePottery 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. It does seem strange that your variants aren't updating with the correct price! A few questions to help understand what might be happening: 

• Are you clicking Save and then opening a new Preview window when you're making changes? Any previously opened Preview windows won't update when you make changes. 
  • What theme are you using?
  • Are you using any apps that might be interfering with the product page, or product pricing? 
  • Is this happening with all products and variants, or just some? 

Once I have some more information, we can continue to look into this together! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PacePottery
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello @Hilary I have been saving first, and it seems to be any listing with multiple prices. I'm using the Dawn theme, with the Product Page Slider and Gallery app by Gigilabs to modify the images shown, but that's all the customizing I've done.

Edit: I can tell it's trying to load something different because when I click through the different options on the preview sometimes the price vanishes for half a moment as it's loading, but it still shows the same price as before.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hm interesting! Thanks for the further details. I've just done a test using the Dawn theme on my own store, and it's changing each variant's price without delay when I change through them on the storefront. 

I'd recommend adding a fresh copy of the Dawn theme to your store, and then previewing this fresh copy to see if the same thing is happening. If it's not happening on a fresh copy, it's likely the apps interfering with the product page, if you haven't done any other custom coding. 

If this is the case, you'll want to reach out to the app developers directly to see if they can help you resolve this issue. You can always contact our Support team, and we can reach out to the app developers on your behalf, or you can head to the Apps section of your Shopify Admin and click Get Support next to the app to contact them directly. 

Let me know how this fresh copy goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.