Solved

problem playing Youtube embeded videos

hhallman
Tourist
4 0 1

I have a site called www.mercyrow.com on Shopify. I post videos from time to time from Youtube.com code. For some reason, they will not play on my computer, but others can, and I can use my phone and it works. Have you run into this before?

Accepted Solution (1)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hhallman,

Have you tried opening the website in the same computer but using incognito window? If it works, then it is probably some cookies

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

sakinur-rahman
Shopify Partner
125 16 19

In which page are those videos available?>

Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp

- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications -

Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️ Buy Me A Coffee

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hhallman,

Have you tried opening the website in the same computer but using incognito window? If it works, then it is probably some cookies

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
hhallman
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes it does work in an incognito window. That was in Chrome. Tried in Firefox and it also worked incognito. Also tried Microsoft, and it also worked incognito. I thought cookies were specific to a certain browser. I am not sure what cookie to look for. I will try.  Thank you.

hhallman
Tourist
4 0 1

Okay, so if you just make a small change in the emmeded youtube code it will fix the issue. This just started recently so I assume something changed at youtube or somewhere to cause this> Here is a sample of the new code.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bFlX4kgHEr8" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>
All you have to do is change this line www.youtube.com to www.youtube-nocookie.com. It stops any issues with cookies. Thank you for your help.

MacT
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank You for this, Youre the GOAT.