problem playing Youtube embeded videos

Solved
hhallman
4 0 0

I have a site called www.mercyrow.com on Shopify. I post videos from time to time from Youtube.com code. For some reason, they will not play on my computer, but others can, and I can use my phone and it works. Have you run into this before?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
made4Uo
Shopify Partner
801 85 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hhallman,

Have you tried opening the website in the same computer but using incognito window? If it works, then it is probably some cookies

✿✿✿-If this helps, please Accept as Solution✌-✿✿✿
Need help? Custom edits?
Just visit me at my ☏ website and check my codes for as low as $7 custom sections and snippets.
I can write a code for you as well.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
sakinur_rahman
Shopify Partner
52 8 9

In which page are those videos available?>

❁❁ If this helps you, please Accept as Solution ❁❁
☞☞ Need help? Custom Coding? Custom Section?

Just knock me here on Facebook. My work start from $5
made4Uo
Shopify Partner
801 85 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hhallman,

Have you tried opening the website in the same computer but using incognito window? If it works, then it is probably some cookies

✿✿✿-If this helps, please Accept as Solution✌-✿✿✿
Need help? Custom edits?
Just visit me at my ☏ website and check my codes for as low as $7 custom sections and snippets.
I can write a code for you as well.
hhallman
4 0 0

Yes it does work in an incognito window. That was in Chrome. Tried in Firefox and it also worked incognito. Also tried Microsoft, and it also worked incognito. I thought cookies were specific to a certain browser. I am not sure what cookie to look for. I will try.  Thank you.

hhallman
4 0 0

Okay, so if you just make a small change in the emmeded youtube code it will fix the issue. This just started recently so I assume something changed at youtube or somewhere to cause this> Here is a sample of the new code.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bFlX4kgHEr8" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>
All you have to do is change this line www.youtube.com to www.youtube-nocookie.com. It stops any issues with cookies. Thank you for your help.