problem with GIF files.

rudyhabibchicag
1 0 0

>Product page. Every product I have listed has a still image and a GIF animation (360°). All Gif files are the same size. 
Problem: Some GIF animations work with no problem. some just freeze or don't appear at all. 

Any suggestions?  

Replies 2 (2)
Dallas
Shopify Staff
907 61 185

Hi, there!

This is Dallas here from Shopify's Social Care Team.

I would love to take a closer look at your store to see what I see on my end. Could you send a URL of a page with the GIF working and a URL or a page without the GIF working?

Another option is that your browser has backed up cache that is affecting the GIFs ability to show up. It could possibly be an issue that could be resolved simply by clearing the cache. This link here gives instructions on how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works?

If it works great! Then you wouldn't need to share the store URLs, but if it doesn't then the URLs would be great so I can see what I see on my side to see what I can do about finding a solution for you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DIYmoonShop
3 0 0

Hi @rudyhabibchicag ! How were you able to use gifs on the product image? Is it theme dependent? do they have to be a specific size or image limit? Your answer is much appreciated.