Product List from a Collection without image, price or hyperlink

brianwmniles
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

I'm trying to modify the standard Dawn collections template to simply show a list of products from a collection - without their image, price or hyperlink. My purpose is to show an online menu of what is offered at the cafe without allowing the customer to complete a purchase. I could do this manually but when we make changes to the menu and POS, I'd like it to automatically update the online menu of items we sell.  I anticipate using multiple collections on one page, if that helps. For example, Coffee Items, Food Items, Merch, etc.  

Any help is always appreciated!

House Cup Coffee Roasters
Replies 5 (5)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1746 488 357

Hey @brianwmniles,

If you've already added the products in a collection, I can help you hide the price, image, and disable clicks. Could you share the link to your store? Possible, the direct link to the collection you are referring to. If possible do provide a screenshot of what your expectation is

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? contact@theprimeweb.com or check out the website
brianwmniles
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Here's a good example using the collections template (ignore that this is just my home page - just showing you the layout I'm looking to create for a separate collections template for the cafe menu).  If I could simply suppress the LINK on these, that would do it for me.  That way we can show the picture, title and price in these blocks but not let the customer click through.  Thanks - and yes, I'll by you a coffee 🙂

https://6xxf41mutpe4d801-22249013322.shopifypreview.com

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1746 488 357

Hey @brianwmniles,

First time a coffee shop bought me coffee HAHA! Thank you very much for that. Not many can say that, and thanks to you I can 😄

Let's first disable click events, if that works for you, we can leave it at that. But if you still want to go ahead and remove the photo and price, let me know. 

Go to your theme's "Edit Code" Option, then in the search bar type "theme.liquid"
Below the tag "<head>" tag paste the following. Screenshot attached for reference.

<style>
.card-wrapper {
    pointer-events: none !important;
}
</style>

Screenshot is for reference only, the correct code to paste is the one shown above.

ThePrimeWeb_0-1707928156338.jpeg

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

brianwmniles
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Ha!  Enjoy those javas.  As for the code (I'm a novice to Shopify coding but been around tech a long time).  This needs to only be done for specific pages (or specific collections) - not the entire site. We sell online, just not for the cafe.   Does that make a difference to your recommended changes?

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1746 488 357

Yes it would @brianwmniles,

Are those pages up and running?
If not, you can just PM me or just drop a comment here once the pages are ready, I can help you with that. 

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂