Solved

PRODUCT PAGE - ERROR 404

Nilton
Tourist
11 0 2

I have a problem with a theme that I just imported to my shopify store, when using the DAWN theme in my store, after the theme is implemented, when accessing a product, a "404 error" page appears
While with my previous theme everything is working correctly. Does anyone know what is causing it or how I can fix it?

I attach screenshots of both themes and the theme with the 404 error

Screenshot 2022-05-05 123234.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-05 123303.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2648 431 554

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nilton and thank you for the screenshots showing the issue. Without access to the theme files on the storefront, we won't be able to directly troubleshoot the problem with you.

You mentioned importing the Dawn theme to your store, was this a theme copy from a different Shopify store or did you install it fresh from the theme marketplace?

I would recommend importing a fresh version of the Dawn theme to see if this issue is replicated there as well. If it is, please reach out to our live support team to report an issue with the Dawn theme. If it is not replicated, then we know the issue is most likely an app or customization that was made in the Dawn theme file. 

I would roll back any changes made to the product page and disable any apps that you may have installed to test and see what is causing the issue. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Dbuglabpvtltd
Shopify Partner
705 75 113

Hi @Nilton 
can you please share both themes preview links?

banned

Shay
Shopify Staff
2648 431 554

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nilton and thank you for the screenshots showing the issue. Without access to the theme files on the storefront, we won't be able to directly troubleshoot the problem with you.

You mentioned importing the Dawn theme to your store, was this a theme copy from a different Shopify store or did you install it fresh from the theme marketplace?

I would recommend importing a fresh version of the Dawn theme to see if this issue is replicated there as well. If it is, please reach out to our live support team to report an issue with the Dawn theme. If it is not replicated, then we know the issue is most likely an app or customization that was made in the Dawn theme file. 

I would roll back any changes made to the product page and disable any apps that you may have installed to test and see what is causing the issue. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Nilton
Tourist
11 0 2

I imported the theme from another shopify store that I have. I will try installing the theme directly

Nilton
Tourist
11 0 2

with the directly imported dawn theme it works correctly 😞 
Do you think it is a problem in the code of the product page? If so, I can review the code and clean it with the new theme

Screenshot 2022-05-05 125317.jpg

Dbuglabpvtltd
Shopify Partner
705 75 113

@Nilton 
can you share Both theme preview links?

banned
Dbuglabpvtltd
Shopify Partner
705 75 113

@Nilton 
You send me same theme link.
You can get preview link from here.

Dbuglabpvtltd_0-1651774110116.png

banned
briansage
Shopify Partner
5 0 10

Hey, @Nilton , we had a similar problem. Our customized Dawn theme worked on one store, but products disappeared when we tried to import it to another.

We tracked the problem to Shopify custom meta fields for product ingredients. When we imported the theme, the missing meta fields caused the product page configuration import to fail, so, *poof*, all products became 404s.

In your admin, go to Online Store > Themes and click the "Customize" button. In the theme customizer, click the drop down menu at the top center of the page and select Product. If you find "no templates found for products", then that could be your problem, too.

If that's your problem, then you will need to create the missing meta fields in your store admin > Settings > Custom Data > Products > "Add definition". If that doesn't do it, you may need developer help, or you may simply start over by customizing a fresh Dawn theme.

I'm a developer, so feel free to reach out if I can help.

Rifai007
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey im currently facing this issue can you please help me?

ChrisLikesCode
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Edited this comment. 

Dbuglabpvtltd
Shopify Partner
705 75 113

Hi @Nilton 
This might be your theme code issue.
You have to hire a shopify developer for this.

I can help you on this, please contact me.

banned

Invogue
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem.

Rifai007
Visitor
2 0 0

Have you fixed this issue im also facing this same error

ChrisLikesCode
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey Nilton

So I just had the same problem and found my solution. 

The Problem: I exported a theme file from another store and the imported it into a fresh store. When I tried to view my product pages, I would receive 404 errors. 

The Solution: When I went into my new store -> Online Store -> Edit Code I found that I was missing my product.json file. I logged back into my old store, copied the product.json file, then went into my new store, clicked "add a new template" in the edit code dialog, and added a new product template, then pasted the product.json file into that template. It gave me a couple errors related to metafields that we're missing - I had to update those. Once I did that, my product pages were back. 

Tldr. Check to see if your product.json files are still there. Online Store -> Edit Code -> Templates. If they are not, then create them