Product pages - Get customization information for products

idwithin
Excursionist
20 0 4

\hi there great tutorial.

Is there no way to easily export all this data when the orders are created? What if you have 1000 orders of a product with customisations like this. What would be the easiest way to export the data and manage it?

Thanks

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3123 194 575

@idwithin wrote:

Is there no way to easily export all this data when the orders are created? What if you have 1000 orders of a product with customisations like this. What would be the easiest way to export the data and manage it?

To get the data you want in the format you want, you'd want to use an ETL app for CSV and excel such a ez-export,matrifixy , or scriptable automation apps like usemechanic.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

@idwithin wrote:

\hi there great tutorial.

Thanks

@PaulNewton Thanks for mentioning our app!

@idwithin If you're open to using an app, our EZ Exporter app might be able to help out with this.  You can export the line item properties in separate columns or combined together in one column along with other order fields.

We have a guide on how you can export the line item properties in separate columns with our app here: https://www.highviewapps.com/kb/how-can-i-put-each-line-item-property-into-its-own-column/

We're of course available to provide support as well if you need help with the app as it's a pretty advanced feature.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
idwithin
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hey that's great thank you so much for the recommendation I'll look into these apps. The EZ one looks like it might do the exact job.

I have another question. So I understand how the loop works to show all the line properties and with the nature of my product I am doing I want to make sure that the correct line properties show for that product. One thing I have noticed is (and this is in my code) I show an input depending on quantity of the product. So if you choose quantity of x4, you get 4 inputs to add your name in for customisation.

Yet one thing I've noticed is when a person is in the cart after adding in the custom line item properties, if they decide to limit the quantity in the cart to say x2, then I am still left with 4 custom names.

Is there any way to take this loop and make it only show the first 2 custom inputs if the quantity matches to only x2?

I hope I've explained this well enough, thanks
ID

0 Likes
idwithin
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hi thank you for the response and I really like your app. Especially this part - search_attributes({{ line_items.properties }}, "Birthday")

Is this just a function supported by your app, or can I also use this in my order confirmation email?

Thanks
ID

@idwithin wrote:

Hi thank you for the response and I really like your app. Especially this part - search_attributes({{ line_items.properties }}, "Birthday")

Is this just a function supported by your app, or can I also use this in my order confirmation email?

Thanks
ID

Hey @idwithin , that's great to hear!

This is a custom function we've built for EZ Exporter so it will only work when exporting data with our app and won't work in the Shopify Admin for customizing the order confirmation emails.

I'm not familiar with customizing emails in the Shopify Admin but I looked around the Shopify docs and found this page listing the available variables you can use in an email: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/notifications/email-variables?itcat=partner_blog&itterm=sh...

If you have any questions about our app or need any help coming up with formulas for our Calculated Fields feature, feel free to shoot us an email directly at support@highviewapps.com.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
HL2021
2 0 0

Hi there,

I tried to follow the tutorial but stumbled at the first hurdle. My theme (Prestige 2.0) doesn't have a product.customizable.liquid.

Is there an updated tutorial for the latest themes or am I missing something? I only require the engraving option for 2 products on my site and as a new start up brand was hoping to find a free solution.

Thanks!

0 Likes
littlebundles
Tourist
8 0 2

what's the best way to do this with Shopify 2.0 and Dawn? (without an app)

0 Likes
Alidavaha
1 0 1

Does anyone know how to get the personalization field to show up in the Shopify Packing slip? TIA!

Pocomimi
1 0 1