Product Photos Rotated After Uploading.

JLStacy
Tourist
14 0 2

Does anyone know why when you upload your product photos they are automatically rotated and how to fix the issue?

I can't seem to rotate them there's no option for that.

2021-10-17.pngThanks ins advance!

Replies 6 (6)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

That is quite strange @JLStacy. I was unable to replicate the issue on my own Shopify store. My photos aren't auto-rotating upon uploading. I'm wondering if your theme is auto-rotating them to meet their image orientation requirements? Nonetheless, I have a solution to show you how you can rotate those images back to the orientation that you prefer. Simply double-click on the image from your screenshot to bring up some editing tools. From there, you can select the 'Crop & Rotate' tool to make the necessary changes.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JLStacy
Tourist
14 0 2

Hello Dirk, thank you for the help! Much appreciated! I didn't see your message until a minute ago.

I continued working on the product information and saved it as a draft. Once I saved it as a draft it turned all the images right side up. So we're good to go! Hopefully when I actually post the product the images will remain in the upright position!

Best,

Jody

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Glad it resolved itself @JLStacy!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Palmtree101
5 0 0

I use the tools suggested even cropping the image to make it small to see if it would help. Yet again it doesn't solve the problem. you spend 10 minutes editing all the photos and click save only for them to rotate back to normal again.infuriating to say the least!!!!

JLStacy
Tourist
14 0 2

My photos actually changed on their own when I saved the listing. I'm sorry you've had to spend wasted time on this.

D_Lovely
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Dirk I came across this same issue. I tried double clicking on the image but an Edit alt text is what appears.  Not editing tools. Please advise. TiA