Quantity

KrysLangner
1 0 0

Hello,

It seems that item quantity does not show up for an item until you add it to your cart. For example I've attached a photo that shows over 10 items can be added, and yet I only have 1 available in the stock for 1 variation because the item is on clearance. Is this a theme problem, or could it be a shopify code? I am using the theme Expression.

I'm hoping I can get this corrected. For my store this is extremely important so that customers can see availability in the product listing. Please let me know.

Krysta

Capture4.JPG

Reply 1 (1)
Mac
Shopify Staff
189 17 27

Hi, @KrysLangner

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and sharing your concern. I’m happy to help.

I understand how important it is for customers to see the availability of your products. Since you mentioned that you are using the Expression theme, I went ahead and tested this out. When attempting to add 10+ products to the cart, I received a message that said “all 4 (product name) are in your cart”. In this case, only the products that were available were added to the cart. Please confirm that you have inventory tracking enabled and that your items are not set to continue selling when out of stock. This will ensure that your settings are correct and that the theme's code is working as expected.

If you’re looking to only show the quantity of the inventory available per product, you will need to reach out to your theme developer. Since you are using a third-party theme, you can contact your developer here to see if this feature can be added to your product page. Alternatively, you can browse through our available applications on our App store to find a solution to this issue. For instance, you can utilize an inventory alert app that will show when items are almost sold out or low in stock. 

Feel free to reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog