Solved

Question about logo file from Illustrator

RENE-
Shopify Partner
65 1 11

I am currently working on my new logo. I would like to know which format I need to save it in, (on Illustrator). Also, which size file do I make to create the logo.

I just tried now and the logo was not as clear as I wanted, seemed a bit blurry... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Rene

Accepted Solution (1)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

This is an accepted solution.

@RENE- 

The recommended logo size for all Shopify themes is 512 x 512 px. Check out the table below for further recommended specifications, and image best practices across our platform:

Image type                          Dimensions                               Format             Size

Header image2048 x 512 pxPNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
Logo image512 x 512 pxPNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
Product image
  • Ideal size: 2048 x 2048 px
  • Maximum size: 4472 x 4472 px
PNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

This is an accepted solution.

@RENE- 

The recommended logo size for all Shopify themes is 512 x 512 px. Check out the table below for further recommended specifications, and image best practices across our platform:

Image type                          Dimensions                               Format             Size

Header image2048 x 512 pxPNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
Logo image512 x 512 pxPNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
Product image
  • Ideal size: 2048 x 2048 px
  • Maximum size: 4472 x 4472 px
PNG or JPGLess than 20 MB
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
RENE-
Shopify Partner
65 1 11
Great, thank you so much! This is extremely helpful.

It has been many years since I had used illustrator, I can do the graphics, but I had absolutely no idea which size and format to work with.

R

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

A good way to prevent against blur for any size is to save it out as an SVG. The only downfall to this is that you can't upload the SVG to any of Shopify's image pickers because it doesnt accept the format. You would have to upload the SVG to the file's portion of your admin and then manually change the src attribute for the logo image in the code to be the path for the newly uploaded SVG. The upside is that you can resize that logo to any size and it'll have crisp resolution, and typically SVGs of logos load much faster than their JPG or PNG counterparts.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
RENE-
Shopify Partner
65 1 11
Ok, thank you. So first I will save the file as you have instructed, and then get help to upload it properly.