Solved

"Didn't find the theme you were looking for" when customizing

LagunaProdukter
Visitor
2 0 0

As I was creating some new sections in Liquid, I needed to add some information to my blocks.

Suddenly I was not able to enter the "Customize"-menu, it just states the theme can't be found.

I tried to check if the problem persisted on other themes, but it didn't.

I tried then to use a different browser, but it didn't change anything.

Then I tried to delete all the code i've written since the last time I used the "Customize"-menu, but it didn't make any difference.

*Note the text is in norwegian*

Skjermbilde 2024-01-25 165813.png

If it's of interest, here is the code I had written:

{% for item in section.blocks %}
  <div class="flavor-item">
    <span class="flavor-title">{{ item.title }}</span>
    {{ item.settings.img | image_url: width: 300 | image_tag: class: "flavor-img" }}
  </div>
  {% endfor %}

It kind of sucks, as I can't really continue until it's fixed, and I have no idea what to do next.

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution (1)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1026 267 212

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @LagunaProdukter,

Did you change anything in the {% schema %}, this happens because you removed something from the schema while there's still saved data in that section.
Please think back and check back on which files you modified schema's on. Could be a section, a template, anything that supports a schema, so most of them except snippets. Could also be an issue with your blocks since you did mention your code looking for section.blocks.

The key is not to remove the code, but sometimes it might be an block setting you removed, now try and put it back.

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

Need help with your store? Contact me here

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1026 267 212

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @LagunaProdukter,

Did you change anything in the {% schema %}, this happens because you removed something from the schema while there's still saved data in that section.
Please think back and check back on which files you modified schema's on. Could be a section, a template, anything that supports a schema, so most of them except snippets. Could also be an issue with your blocks since you did mention your code looking for section.blocks.

The key is not to remove the code, but sometimes it might be an block setting you removed, now try and put it back.

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂

LagunaProdukter
Visitor
2 0 0

You are a genius, thank you!

I had changed the "type" of a block section, and when I changed it back it worked again.

Thanks again!

ThePrimeWeb
Shopify Partner
1026 267 212

Haha no worries, I learned this the hard way. Glad you didn't have to go through that 😁

Was I helpful?

Buy me a coffee

🙂