Reduce font sizes of the Section Headings on homepage in Brooklyn Theme

Aditya4
2 0 0

Hey, Can someone please help with reducing the font size of the heading text under sections on the homepage for the Brooklyn theme. The minimum font size is 26 px which is too large. I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Aditya

Replies 3 (3)
Aditya4
2 0 0

Please see this reference screenshot from my mobile site, the text is taking up half the screen.

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1751 195 450

Hey there, Aditya.

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a great question and I totally see where you are coming from with the font being too big on the mobile site. This can be changed by adding some custom code to your theme and it is really easy to do following these instructions:

•  Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  •  Open the Assets folder > theme.scss.liquid.
  •  Scroll to the very bottom of this file and add the following code:
.section-header {
  font-size: 16px;
}
  • Click Save.
  • You can adjust the 16px to be whatever size you would prefer! :

NB When editing the CSS of your theme it is always a good idea to duplicate your theme first and making the changes on the duplicate. This will prevent any errors from occurring on your live site. We also recommend adding CSS to the bottom of the file as opposed to altering the preexisting code. The new code will overwrite the previous code.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

Beautgiftco
7 0 0

Hi.

I have the brooklyn theme and i want to make the writing over the first picture under the header "welcome to..." i want this font smaller but i cannot figure it out. Can someone please help.