To continue receiving payouts, you need to secure your account by turning on two-step authentication. If two-step authentication is not turned on your payouts will be paused. Learn more

Reduce line spacing in the Debut footer "text" section

Solved
slinteriors
7 0 0

I'm using Debut and have a "Text" section in my footer for my brick-and-mortar store address. There is a hard return between the lines of the store address and the line spacing is huge. I want it to look closer to single spaced - like the footer menu which looks great. Anyone know how to do that? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
100 13 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @slinteriors 

Are you talking about this part?

Westward Home.png

Edit your CSS with this:

.site-footer, .site-footer a, .site-footer__rte p {
 margin: 0px;
}

Let me know if that doesn't work or if you have other questions.

Thanks 
Ilana

Ilana Davis, a Shopify Superhero working with e-commerce shops to remove friction from the buying process.
Owner of JSON-LD for SEO, a Shopify app that adds structured data to your theme, getting you more organic traffic through Rich Results.

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)
antias
4 0 0

Hi, you need to code it using css. removed padding and update margins. 

If you are looking for a shopify developer to help you then you can contact me anytime. thanks

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
100 13 26

If you provide a link to your store, I'd be happy to help. It's likely simple CSS for line-height that you can add but it's hard to say without being able to see what exactly you're referring to. 

Ilana Davis, a Shopify Superhero working with e-commerce shops to remove friction from the buying process.
Owner of JSON-LD for SEO, a Shopify app that adds structured data to your theme, getting you more organic traffic through Rich Results.
slinteriors
7 0 0

Thank you so much! It's www.westward-home.com and the password is "comingsoon"

Michael144
Shopify Partner
11 1 7
.site-footer__rte p {
  margin-bottom: 5px;
}

Try adding that to your css

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
100 13 26

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @slinteriors 

Are you talking about this part?

Westward Home.png

Edit your CSS with this:

.site-footer, .site-footer a, .site-footer__rte p {
 margin: 0px;
}

Let me know if that doesn't work or if you have other questions.

Thanks 
Ilana

slinteriors
7 0 0

Worked! Thank you

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
100 13 26

Wonderful!

YoelSchwartz
2 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my website. I'm using the "supply" template.

The footer line spacing for text is too big. Where can I change the CSS to fix this?

Thanks tons,

Joel

Johannis
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Joel,

Let me help you. 

First on the left hand side under 'SALES CHANNELS'

click the 'themes' tab

click on the 'actions' dropdown, it is to the left of the purple customise button

then click 'edit code'

in the search box in the top left type 'theme.scss.liquid' and it will show a file below. click it. 

Now, I found a section to paste it before.png

see how in line 7206 and 7207 there is two brackets. 

I put the code above in-between them, Like this. see photo below.after.png

And then clicked save in the top right. 

Now, I am not 100% knowledgable about your theme but this seemed to work with my debut them and I think it will be very similar. 

It worked well for me so hopefully the same with you. 

I am not a techie but I use trial and error a lot and one tip I have it that if you screen shot the section before and then after you can clearly see where you have edited it. and ensure to screen shot the whole page like I have above because then you can show someone if you mess up. 

Good luck and I hope this helps. 

Sivaan
Excursionist
23 0 2

Hi Ilana,

Im wanting to reduce the line height across my footer menu, but that code doesnt seem to work!
Any tips please? Thank you 🙂

Jeremy48
1 0 0

Hi, thank you very much for your help.

I got into shopify a few weeks ago and installed the "debut" theme.

When I checked the solution you posted i saw that the theme code changed so I can't find what to do and can't apply your solution.

Would it be possible to help me?

Thanks a lot if possible!

Jeremy