Reduce space between header and copy in Brooklyn

emmajo44
Excursionist
11 0 7

Hello, please can anyone point me in the right direction to reduce the space between the header and copy in Brooklyn. It occurs on the homepage, product pages and blog wherever there's a header.

Thank you, Emma

https://www.themoonlitpress.com

Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @emmajo44.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as well as your online store URL! Based on Human Factor International’s research, white space helps increase the comprehension factor by nearly 20%. Added white space gives emphasis to your call to action buttons and key information. White space lets your visitors breathe and appreciate the website better since things are laid out well and easy to spot. A great article for reference on this research is Why Whitespace is so Important in Web Design.

You have very beautiful products, by the way! If you would like to remove the white space that is appearing between the header and the rest of the online store, we may be able to do by using free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using design time to make this change, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your online store with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

emmajo44
Excursionist
11 0 7

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say that about my products.

I have no problem with white space and I would like to keep some white space but the amount is extreme to the point that the header floats too far away from the images or copy it belongs to. Half the white space would look so much better and make more sense to customers.

Thank you, Emma