Solved

Refresh Theme: page.list-collections file

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

Hi there, Shopify Devs has the `page.list-collections` file for all the free Themes except the Refresh Theme.  It's to create a Subset of a Collection within a Collection. 

This is the file >> 

https://shopify-dev.com/tutorials/feature-a-subset-of-collections-on-a-page

Anyone know where I can get the Refresh Theme version? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

This is an accepted solution.

I got help from Shopify directly and figured out how to do it with all my themes. Thanks

View solution in original post

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

Yes I think this solution can help you. It's no code. You can create a Submenu based off a Page. 

What you'll have to do:

1) Create a Page: Name it "Your Sub-Category Name" 

2) Go to Customize Theme: In the search bar on top >> click Pages, scroll down >>  click "Create Template" >> Name it the same as "your-sub-category-name"
shp_1.png

3) Go back to the Page you created earlier, on the bottom right, you'll see "Theme template" , choose the template we created earlier. 
shp_2.png

4)Then finally, Go back to Customize Theme >> Pages >> Click the template you made earlier, then on that page's customize area Add the sub-Category collection you want there  using Collection List or something similar. 

5) Then For Real Finally: Under Navigation, choose the page you want as a Sub-Menu for your Mega Menu

Hope I understood what you meant

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

amanbatra
Shopify Partner
104 14 16

Hello @ZaheedaT

All the free themes are almost similar, so you can copy and paste the code from other theme which has the file and use it mostly there will be some css changes needed for it which you can have it later. 

Is the solution works for you ? please Like and Accept Solution.
Need more help with theme customization and store development ?
WA: +917508271396, Email: amanbatra.developer@gmail.com, Skype: amanbatra.developer
ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

I've already tried that, none of them work. Not sure how to change the css or which Theme's css I can change, Hence I wrote this post

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

I got help from Shopify directly and figured out how to do it with all my themes. Thanks

PrettyYoungMogu
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi Zaheeda, I have noticed this, too. What was the solution shoptify provided you?

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

Hi there, I've been working around with this and it's actually quite simple. What exactly do you need to do? I needed to put a collections list on a page 

PrettyYoungMogu
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi Zaheeda,

I want to use a mega menu, A mega menu allows you to show several menus from one dropdown in your store's main navigation. While in the Refresh theme I can select mega menu, I cannot make sub categories of my collection in order to display it in the mega menu. And, to simply have sub categories, like in Accessories, I want bags, shoes, etc. Do you know what code I need to add to do that?

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

Yes I think this solution can help you. It's no code. You can create a Submenu based off a Page. 

What you'll have to do:

1) Create a Page: Name it "Your Sub-Category Name" 

2) Go to Customize Theme: In the search bar on top >> click Pages, scroll down >>  click "Create Template" >> Name it the same as "your-sub-category-name"
shp_1.png

3) Go back to the Page you created earlier, on the bottom right, you'll see "Theme template" , choose the template we created earlier. 
shp_2.png

4)Then finally, Go back to Customize Theme >> Pages >> Click the template you made earlier, then on that page's customize area Add the sub-Category collection you want there  using Collection List or something similar. 

5) Then For Real Finally: Under Navigation, choose the page you want as a Sub-Menu for your Mega Menu

Hope I understood what you meant

PrettyYoungMogu
Tourist
8 0 4

Wow! Your tutorial was fantastic!  I just followed it. It seemed complicated but once I followed your steps it totally made sense. I feel so accomplished. 🤗  Thank you for taking out the time to assist me. I really appreciate it.

ZaheedaT
Excursionist
39 2 3

My pleasure!!