Solved

Why does my Shopify store keep showing a discount pop up?

mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2

Hello can anyone help with this problem? My store keeps getting this discount pop up and I don't know how to remove it

my store link is: pawsofus

Regards,

Mortada

Accepted Solution (1)
mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2

This is an accepted solution.

i found it was in the theme settings pretty silly of me 😛

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @mortada03!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I browsed through your shop and did notice the 20$ off discount pop up. While many merchants find pop ups useful, I can certainly see how it can distract the customer when navigating your store. If you head over to your Shopify Admin and click on the Apps section, check to see if you have any apps that can be potentially related to this feature. You will want to look to completely remove the app, or simply disable the pop up feature in the apps settings. 

Instead of the pop up, have you thought about adding your promotion to your announcement bar at the top of your website? The text "Welcome to our store" could be replaced with your new discount offer. This way, customers will be able to view the discount without being distracted by a pop up. This can be changed directly from your Theme Editor in most cases.

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue troubleshooting if removing an app does not solve the issue.

Talk soon! 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2

thanks for the reply mac, but I don't think there are any apps that caused this. The only apps I have are: Facebook, Google, Klaviyo, Snapchat ads, Oberlo, and Shopify email.

Regards,

Mortada

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @mortada03!

Thank you for following up with that additional information.

Now that we have ruled out of the potential of an application causing this pop up, are you able to confirm what the name of your theme is? This way I can look into the features to determine if this functionality is built into the theme. This will also help determine if the popup is being caused by a piece of code that may have been added manually, or left over from a previously uninstalled application. 

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can continue troubleshooting! 

mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2

hi mac the name is 

booster-premium-2.2.1 1

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hey, @mortada03!

Thanks for the response. 

While I am not able to locate this on our Theme Store, it looks like the Booster Theme team has a Help Center with some resources about the theme. I found an article called Most popular Booster in-theme apps that outlines that this theme has a few built in apps that provide functionality like upselling and crosselling. So it's very possible that the discount pop up you are seeing can be turned off within your theme editor.

My suggestion here would be to reach out through their contact page and ask if they can point you in the right direction. 

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates. Thanks! 

mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2
Thanks Mac I’m gonna look into it
Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @mortada03!

No worries! I appreciate you trying out the suggestions and I'd be happy to hear back from you with any updates regarding this situation. Doing so will also help similar merchants who may be in a similar situation. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to follow up and let me know! Additionally, I'm always looking to help out merchants with ideas or feedback related to their stores. How is business going thus far? 

Talk soon! 

mortada03
Excursionist
17 4 2

This is an accepted solution.

i found it was in the theme settings pretty silly of me 😛

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi again, @mortada03!

Thank you for providing that update. So in this case, it turns out that you were able to toggle the pop up menu directly from your theme editor. Also, no worries at all, posting your question could potentially help other merchants in a similar situation as yours. 

All the best! 

Bk1019
Visitor
1 0 0

This is not the case for my store I need help uTurban.com

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Bk1019!

Thanks for joining this thread.

I took a look at your store and the only pop up I noticed was the country selector. Is this the pop up that you are referring to, or is there another one that I missed? The country selector is an awesome tool that allows your customers to select their country and see prices in their local currency. It's likely that you are using the Geolocation app for this pop up, so you will need to uninstall the app or disable the specific pop up. However, I suggest keeping it enabled as your customers will have a more personalized experience. 

I also noticed that you have a few incomplete sections in your store. For instance, on your product page, the section called image with text is blank and needs to be updated or removed. You can do so directly via the theme editor. Also, your footer has the same information right beside each other. It's a good idea to remove one section and insert a newsletter sign up form.  

If you have any other questions, feel free to follow up and let me know! Additionally, I'd be happy to continue assisting with some more ideas or feedback related to your store. Are you running into any other issues? 

P_F21
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi, 

I'm currently using the Dawn theme and I have a Mailchimp integration. I'd like to automatically offer all new email subscribers 10% off upon sign up with a pop up image. Can someone point me in the right direction please? It would be great if I could have different codes generated for each sign up that expire.

Thanks in advance!

Perri

SM41
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Mac, 

I have a pop-up floating banner on my store that I am having a hard time getting rid of, which offers free shipping over $100.

It pops up right on top of my footer and it cannot be edited if I try to select it.

I kindly need help getting rid of it please.

My store URL is smbodycarellc.com

Using Canopy theme

Thank you.