Remove 'Enter using password' link from password page on atlantic theme

pfarrington
4 0 0

Hi,

I would like to remove/hide the 'Enter using password' link from the top right hand corner of our password page. We are using the atlantic theme, can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Polly

Replies 17 (17)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @pfarrington,

Hank here from Shopify.

This is possible through some editing to the theme code, however, it would limit how you can access your store while the password page is enabled. 

You would no longer be able to log in from the front end of your website, or if you opened your website using Incognito mode. This would not change your access via your admin though.

Now as you mentioned you are using a third-party theme in Atlantic, you would need to reach out to them to query if this could be done via the theme coding. I have their support page for you here.

Hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, another option would be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

I will also move your post to the design page, where more appropriate developers would be viewing the page and may come across your post also.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mchudson
Tourist
9 1 0

Hi there,

I'm using the Dawn theme and removed the 'enter password' line but realise now that I do actually need it. I can't remember what I did to change it/remove it! are you able to advise on how to put it back? Thank you 

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4817 623 1219

send your store url will check

best regard 

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
KristiinaOOD
8 0 0

Hey,

I'm trying to remove the "enter using password" block from my page when using my site for "coming soon" campaign. I'm using Baseline theme. Could you maybe help?

Celebritips
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi there,

I'm using the Origin theme and want to remove the 'enter password' line. Are you able to advise on how to make it happen? Thank you 

jessychung
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @Hank 

How do I remove the store name and the lock icon in the header, as seen below? I've successfully removed the Enter Using Password text/link. 

Thanks, 

Jessy Chung

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 131

Hi there, @jessychung  - I am hopping in here to give Hank a hand, I'd love to help you with your query!

Can you share with me a screenshot or link of what exactly you're referring to please? Thanks, looking forward to your reply 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

jessychung
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4817 623 1219

Hi @pfarrington 

Send your store url will send you possible solution.

Best regard 

Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
pfarrington
4 0 0
Thank you! weareyouandme.myshopify.com
Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4817 623 1219

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss->paste bellow code in bottom of file

.admin-login-modal{    display: none;}
pfarrington
4 0 0
Thank you! Worked perfectly
Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That is great to hear that, @Jasoliya's suggestion worked for you!

Be sure to accept that as a solution so that you can help future Community members with this query, as well as recognizing the assistance provided.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

MxW
Tourist
8 0 0

is the right Solution to the question. I wanted to do something similar - only remove 'Enter Using Password' text, keep the lock icon though, which I think is a smarter approach, so that the admin can login to the store quickly & from the front-end.

I did that by changing the font-size multiple from 0.8 to 0.0 in the code below in my Brooklyn theme's theme.scss.liquid asset.

.password-login {
  @include accentFontStack;
  font-size: em(0.0 * $baseFontSize);
  line-height: 0.8 * $baseFontSize;

Maria90
Visitor
2 0 1

in sections folder, go to "Password-template.liquid"

delete the following code

<a href="#">&#8226; {{ 'general.password_page.login_form_heading' | t }} &#8226;</a>

worked for me in Turbo theme

mini-muslim-me
Tourist
6 0 1

In layout section go to ''password.liquid'' folder, then search for ''password-login''.

You should see a line like this: 

<div class="password-login">
<a href="#LoginModal" class="js-modal-open-login-modal link--action btn btn--secondary" aria-haspopup="dialog">
{{ 'general.password_page.password_link' | t }} <span aria-hidden="true">&rarr;</span>
</a>
</div>

<!---
-->

Insert a comment between the line and save.

You should have this result:

<!---

<div class="password-login">
<a href="#LoginModal" class="js-modal-open-login-modal link--action btn btn--secondary" aria-haspopup="dialog">
{{ 'general.password_page.password_link' | t }} <span aria-hidden="true">&rarr;</span>
</a>
</div>

-->

Then save and refresh you e-commerce page

gusss
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you, worked for me