Remove Product description

Solved
Ambité
Excursionist
30 1 3

Hey so in my Them, I have two Product descriptions, one (The normal one) and a second that is at the bottom by the Theme.

They are related so if I type something in the Product Description it appears on both... How can i remove the normal description without damaging the second?

URL: https://mkdcd1ot5jj4dbm1-30500880429.shopifypreview.com

Thanks so much in advance

Lovis

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
microDev
Explorer
44 12 11

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Ambite

You would need to find the appropriate code snippet in your "product-template.liquid" section file. The best way to find this snippet would be to search by pressing CTRL+F to bring up the find bar and type in the follow: "product.description". Your file should have 2 of these. Ideally, you should remove the whole container that holds the description, but simply removing the correct one of these two lines (which should look like this: {{ product.description }}) will delete the text.

If you would like help to implement this change to your theme or make any other customizations, please feel free to contact me at support@microDev.today and we can see how we can help you!

View solution in original post

Ambité
Excursionist
30 1 3

@microDev,

I got it, the Theme had its own Template for the Product and there i Removed the Describtion and it worked!

Replies 5 (5)
microDev
Explorer
44 12 11

Hi Ambite

You would need to find the appropriate code snippet in your "product-template.liquid" section file. The best way to find this snippet would be to search by pressing CTRL+F to bring up the find bar and type in the follow: "product.description". Your file should have 2 of these. Ideally, you should remove the whole container that holds the description, but simply removing the correct one of these two lines (which should look like this: {{ product.description }}) will delete the text.

If you would like help to implement this change to your theme or make any other customizations, please feel free to contact me at support@microDev.today and we can see how we can help you!

Ambité
Excursionist
30 1 3

Hey @microDev ,

I removed this:

<div class="product-single__description rte">
          {{ product.description }}
        </div>

And it still showed the describtion

Ambité
Excursionist
30 1 3

@microDev,

I got it, the Theme had its own Template for the Product and there i Removed the Describtion and it worked!

microDev
Explorer
44 12 11
Hi Ambite

Glad this worked for you! It is sometimes tricky when dealing with themes to understand which template it is using, but glad you found it in the end.

All the best!
avcrypto2
2 0 0

Not seeing the product descriptions when on mobile for my site could someone assist. I think it's a small setting I changed somewhere but can't remember now TIA https://zenzodi.com/