Removing account icon from header

Mau8210
3 0 1

How can I remove the customer account icon on the express theme? I want it to either say "Account" or remove it if I cant do that

Reply 1 (1)
Nia
Shopify Staff
173 15 24

Hi, @!

If you would like to edit the language of the Customer Account section, you can do so by -

1. Navigate to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click on Actions > Edit Languages. 

3. Select Customer and edit the appropriate sections you would like to change. 

If you would like to instead, remove the icon as a whole, there are two ways you can go about completing this. The first process is simple -

1. Head to Settings > Checkout.
  2. Scroll down to Customer Accounts and select Accounts are disabled 

3. Remember to Save!

The second process includes removing a code so only do this if you're comfortable to do so -

1. Duplicate the theme file incase an error occurs (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Duplicate)
  2. Once you have duplicated the theme and made a copy - click on Actions > Edit Code.
  3. Scroll down to Sections > Header.Liquid. 

4. Find the code below and delete this -
 {%- if shop.customer_accounts_enabled -%}
          {% assign customer_url = routes.account_login_url %}
          {% assign customer_fallback_text = 'layout.customer.log_in' | t %}

{%- if customer -%}
            {% assign customer_url = routes.account_url %}
            {% assign customer_fallback_text = 'layout.customer.account' | t %}
          {%- endif -%}

<a href="{{ customer_url }}" class="header__icon header__icon--accounts-link focus-inset" data-header-icon>
            {% render 'icon-account' %}
            <span class="visually-hidden">{{ customer_fallback_text }}</span>
          </a>
        {%- endif -%}

Remember to Save.

Let me know if any of the above steps are an issue and I can continue to look into this - alternatively, you can speak to any of our Support Advisors on live chat/callbacks.

I would also like to suggest taking one of our many courses available to you through our Shopify Learn section - specifically a course on Delivering a Customer Experience Worth Remembering. This is a great course to take while you're in the process of editing your website and on the topic of customer accounts.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog